Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    10 over? How lame.
    No doubt! Isn't that the normal traffic flow speed?
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      I try to keep it at 5 over. DPS doesn't want to fuck with that and most municipalities don't either.

Rockwall County won't pull you unless you're 12% over.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        Link?
        Done it myself as well, took me about 6hrs or so.

Take a state approved defensive driving course with comedy skits and fun animation to dismiss your traffic ticket online from Comedy Defensive Driving?!

Comment

def driving
          if you do deferred and you get another ticket with in a certain amount of time you end up paying both.
          if you do def driving now.. you can get another ticket in a week and do deferred and be clear
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Personally, I start at 20 over on freeways. FTW just does the mph over, but when you run someone's DL, it shows a percentage over, usually in 10% increments.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              I try to keep it at 5 over. DPS doesn't want to fuck with that and most municipalities don't either.

Rockwall County won't pull you unless you're 12% over.
              Oh, I only do 5 myself, except when I hit po-dunk Texas town where I'll go a little under the posted speed. I've found small town cops are a little too bored at times.

I'm just saying whenever I'm on any of the tollways, I'm doing the plus 5 and am getting passed left and right.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                There are on line courses that can be taken in far less time.
                6 hours is the state requirement for the course - in person or online. It's not about learning anything from the class; it's about inconveniencing you, so you don't want to have to go through it again.

Comment

Oh, I only do 5 myself, except when I hit po-dunk Texas town where I'll go a little under the posted speed. I've found small town cops are a little too bored at times.

I'm just saying whenever I'm on any of the tollways, I'm doing the plus 5 and am getting passed left and right.
                  I do the speed limit in towns like that.

I do 10 over on the toll ways and people act like I'm doing 5 under.

Comment

First one in 7+ years. Anyway, yes I was speeding. 75 in a 65 on the tollway, right before the loop 12 exit. I was just trying to get out of the way of the ass-hole riding inches off my bumper.

What are the options? Is it still either deferred or a driver's safety course?
                    I prefer deferred adjudication

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    Or let it go to warrant then post up throwing a fit about it in a few years from now like that idiot did a couple months back.
                    "Surcharges"

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                    def driving
                    if you do deferred and you get another ticket with in a certain amount of time you end up paying both.
                    if you do def driving now.. you can get another ticket in a week and do deferred and be clear
                    If you get another ticket within a certain amount of time in the same jurisdiction you (may) end up paying both. However, if you for instance defer a ticket in FTW and get another Arlington while still under the probationary period for the one in FTW, you can simultaneously defer both.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      6 hours is the state requirement for the course - in person or online. It's not about learning anything from the class; it's about inconveniencing you, so you don't want to have to go through it again.
                      ......and collection of fees

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        ......and collection of fees
                        I thought that was a given.

Comment

Link?
                          I'm sure I have one for the last one I took since it was just earlier this year, I have to look at my email. But I found it because they sent me a postcard after i got the ticket.

Comment

10 over on the tollway, people must've been passing you like you were in reverse!
                            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              I prefer deferred adjudication

"Surcharges"

If you get another ticket within a certain amount of time in the same jurisdiction you (may) end up paying both. However, if you for instance defer a ticket in FTW and get another Arlington while still under the probationary period for the one in FTW, you can simultaneously defer both.

True
                              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Curious about toll roads and tickets in general. Aren't they privately owned property? How does ticketing work on them? Shouldn't it really be a civil matter instead of a criminal one?

Just wondering.
                                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                                X