Got a speeding ticket this morning :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a speeding ticket this morning :(

First one in 7+ years. Anyway, yes I was speeding. 75 in a 65 on the tollway, right before the loop 12 exit. I was just trying to get out of the way of the ass-hole riding inches off my bumper.

What are the options? Is it still either deferred or a driver's safety course?

Or let it go to warrant then post up throwing a fit about it in a few years from now like that idiot did a couple months back.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Or let it go to warrant then post up throwing a fit about it in a few years from now like that idiot did a couple months back.
      I pay my shit. I was breaking the law, so shame on me.

Comment

I would do deferred adjudication. The defensive driving courses are around six hours (IIRC) and to me my time is worth too much to make that a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          First one in 7+ years. Anyway, yes I was speeding. 75 in a 65 on the tollway, right before the loop 12 exit. I was just trying to get out of the way of the ass-hole riding inches off my bumper.

What are the options? Is it still either deferred or a driver's safety course?
          1- defensive driving
          2- deferred adjudication
          3- request jury trial
          4- pay and move on
          5- do nothing

the choice is yours

Comment

Whatever option keeps it off your driving record and your insurance company in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              Whatever option keeps it off your driving record and your insurance company in the dark.
              1 and 2

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                I would do deferred adjudication. The defensive driving courses are around six hours (IIRC) and to me my time is worth too much to make that a good option.
                I know it depends on the court, but there are a few that make you take DD even with deferred. So we always went DD first, then deferred...

Slowing down has never been an option - lol

Comment

Your surfing the web anyways just do www.defensivedriving.com. It takes me 30 minutes of real attention to complete it with a 95%. 3rd time through it. Alt-Tab heaven.
                  2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                    Your surfing the web anyways just do www.defensivedriving.com. It takes me 30 minutes of real attention to complete it with a 95%. 3rd time through it. Alt-Tab heaven.
                    I'm extremely familiar with defensive driving. This might be my first ticket in 7 years, but before that I had one every 4-6 months, lol. I could probably pass it without watching it. I was just wondering if things were the same since I've been out of the court system for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                      There are on line courses that can be taken in far less time.

Comment

10 over? How lame.

Comment

I have done DD online twice and it is a snap. I usually do the comedy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                            10 over? How lame.
                            That's what I was thinking when he cited me. I was also thinking he probably could have got someone for 20+ over if he would have waited a couple minutes. And since when did citations list speeding by a percentage over the limit instead of how many miles per hour over the limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I have done DD online twice and it is a snap. I usually do the comedy ones.
                              Link?

Comment

Working...
                              X