No announcement yet.

No Title!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst they will do is take it from you...if someone else can prove ownership. They could charge you with receiving stolen property, but they never do...trust me.

Comment

I don't have a title to my 4 wheeler that I bought a few months ago just got a bill of sale with a witness signature

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
        Dragging them back and forth from the lease gets attention. My buddy has been pulled over several times and asked for title on his by the hwy patroll. There are so many of them stolen that its a red flag to begin with.
        Yep. Just the other side of Weatherford on 20 they have check points 2-3 a season. Few DPS and few Game Wardens checking tags and ATV serials.

Comment

I just went throught this same dilemma when I bought my dirtbike a couple months ago. I held out for one with a titile, but it was an 08. much older than that and I would not have cared as much.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            Yep. Just the other side of Weatherford on 20 they have check points 2-3 a season. Few DPS and few Game Wardens checking tags and ATV serials.
            so what happens if you dont have the title to your dirtbike on you? do they just run the VIN to make sure its not reported stolen and let you go? what tags ??
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              so what happens if you dont have the title to your dirtbike on you? do they just run the VIN to make sure its not reported stolen and let you go? what tags ??
              Probably deer tags etc

Comment

Awww , guess it's not hard to tell who isn't a hunter.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Yep, and thats my route. 20 all the way to Cisco.
                  Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post

Yeah, they just run the VIN.
                    Game Warden checking tags on animals....

Comment

I bought one a while back without one, no big deal to me, not like im registering it anywhere
                      Ran the VIN before buying and no issues....

Comment

A lot of ATVs with no title are because they never paid off the loan. With a lot of ATV financing it is basically a line of credit/manufacturer Credit Card and not an actual lien on the bike. When they stop paying it is not ever repoed, but also never receive a title. I have bought a few just like this.....
                        When you do the unsecured line of credit you get the title in the mail just as if you had paid cash for the vehicle.

It's an unsecured line of credit, as you said there is no lienholder/lien, and the vehicle is not an asset/collateral that is recoverable.

Either way, I would almost never buy a vehicle with a VIN and no title. I've done it before from people I trust and gone the bonded title route.

What happens 6 mos. down the road when some shitbag sells the title for a gram of meth and that shitbag gets insurance on it and reports it stolen. Not worth what could go wrong IMO.

Oz. of prevention is worth a lb. of cure - a deal on an ATV is way too insignificant to catch a felony over.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                        X