Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swedish man tries to split atom in his kitchen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dispatch: W212 copy an investigation at 1145 Jones Street. Take into custody the resident and radioactive materials.

W212: Dispatch, can you repeat those details?

Dispatch: The resident has radio active materials and you are directed to apprehend by the Radiation Authority.

W212: Then you tell the Radiation Authority to get their ass down here and arrest him themselves. I have no protective suit. (break) Is it clear to head down to Dunkin Donuts for an off the menu order????

Dispatch: (confused) 10-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Go pick up a copy of The Radioactive Boyscout.

A 17 yr old kid in Michigan in the '90s built a breeder reactor in his backyard. It never reached critical mass but the backyard shed he did his final experiment in was dismanted by the NRC and hauled away in nuclear waste barrels.

Here's a synopsis:

The book goes into much greater details on ihs life, why he did this, his ambition, how he got the Americum from smoke detectors, the Thorium from gas lantern mantles, how he purified these elements through other methods, the cover stories he used to get information from experts, etc.

For those unaware:
      Breeder Reactor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeder_reactor
      Why am I not surprised that you of all people posted this?

Comment

Men have become the tools of their tools.
        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Anyone look at the pics from his last arrest? That dude is FUCKED UP!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Why am I not surprised that you of all people posted this?
            I'm not sure how to take that... but I'm going to assume it's just because you recognize greatness.

Comment

Go pick up a copy of The Radioactive Boyscout.

A 17 yr old kid in Michigan in the '90s built a breeder reactor in his backyard. It never reached critical mass but the backyard shed he did his final experiment in was dismanted by the NRC and hauled away in nuclear waste barrels.

Here's a synopsis:

The book goes into much greater details on ihs life, why he did this, his ambition, how he got the Americum from smoke detectors, the Thorium from gas lantern mantles, how he purified these elements through other methods, the cover stories he used to get information from experts, etc.

For those unaware:
              Breeder Reactor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeder_reactor
              Thanks for the suggestion. I just started working nights and have some down time. Was just thinking about picking up a book. Just ordered it on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                Anyone look at the pics from his last arrest? That dude is FUCKED UP!!

So was he also into meth in a big way or was this just the result of radiation exposure???
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I'm not sure how to take that... but I'm going to assume it's just because you recognize greatness.

Take it as a compliment. That's how it was intended.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Remember the old science kit that had uranium in it they sold back in the day? Good times.
                    Yep, that and Mercury.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                      So was he also into meth in a big way or was this just the result of radiation exposure???
                      looks just like Oppenheimer.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Sounds like their education system might be a little better than ours. The only thing cooking in our kitchens is Meth.

Here was another funny reply:

"If only our teens were nearly so inquisitive about science and mathematics. If they were, we'd have enjoyable headlines such as, "Crips Gang Members Build Cyclotron Under Sam Jackman School." When questioned by authorities, gang members stated they were trying to create a small black hole to be used for stashing money and drugs from street heists."

Comment

Working...
                        X