Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy an enclosed car hauler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
    Lots of stolen trailers floating around. If it has homemade trailer tags, its either not legitimately registered or might be stolen. Make SURE it has a 17 character VIN, that the VIN matches the title and that the tags match the title.

The common thing is to run tell TxDOT that you need tags for a homemade trailer then put 'em on your $10,000 enclosed car hauler. Its illegal. As King Jason said, your rig will wind up in impound and lots of departments will make you have to set it for a property hearing at JP court to get it back - months later.

edit - And Texas Trailer Man is good people.
    does DOT check vin tags on trailers when they stop you?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      trailer man is good people.
      Pretty sure he was one of the big winners on Pinks as well.

Comment

When anyone runs a trailer and it comes back as homemade it most likely will be stopped and checked. One of my favorite stops actually. I hate theives and people that buy shit stolen when they should have known better. I stopped a 34 foot enclosed Hallmark about 3 years ago with a homemade tag on it. Guy swore up and down it was legit. When he got back to his boss the boss was fuming asking why he was bringing the heat down on him. Yes he called and snitched out his boss. LOL

Dont get me wrong there are a lot of legit homemade trailers but not any sort of large enclosed trailer.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yes. I swapped plates from from a 16' flatbed to a 18' car hauler and got a ticket. $210
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Well, I broke down and bought 2012 Haulmark 24' Transport Deluxe. Local dealer had it in stock and I found myself unable to resist another black vehicle accessory.

Cell phone pic kinda sucks, but the rig looks pretty good in person.

Comment

Looks very nice!
              How much did it set you back, if I may ask?

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                Looks very nice!
                How much did it set you back, if I may ask?
                $8k after all the taxes, title, etc

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Well, I broke down and bought 2012 Haulmark 24' Transport Deluxe. Local dealer had it in stock and I found myself unable to resist another black vehicle accessory.

Cell phone pic kinda sucks, but the rig looks pretty good in person.
                  Under your own rule this is advertising. :Nono:
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                  X