Best place to rent a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to rent a car?

I'll be in San Diego next month and I'll need a car for 4 days. I've never rented one before...who is the best with reasonable rates and the least amount of hassle?

I use priceline to name my own price, usually works well. Are you under 25? because expect to pay around $20 extra a day. Also check with your insurance and see if you are covered in a rental car with your policy because the company's insurance gets expensive.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
      I'll be in San Diego next month and I'll need a car for 4 days. I've never rented one before...who is the best with reasonable rates and the least amount of hassle?
      Cheaptickets.com
      Got a Camero for 4 days in Colorado last month for $280. Also used my AAA for discount with it.
      I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Carrentals.com
        rentalcars.com
        hotwire.com
        priceline.com
        kayak.com

thats what i use

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
          I use priceline to name my own price, usually works well. Are you under 25? because expect to pay around $20 extra a day. Also check with your insurance and see if you are covered in a rental car with your policy because the company's insurance gets expensive.
          Im 25, yeah I need to find out about my insurance policy. I have "full coverage" so Im almost certain I'm covered in a rental.

Comment

I've always had good luck with National. I quit using Enterprise years ago because every car I rented from them was filthy and stunk of cat piss.

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
              Carrentals.com
              rentalcars.com
              hotwire.com
              priceline.com
              kayak.com

thats what i use
              Thanks

Comment

Be sure you rent from a non-airport location. They add extra taxes and their rates are always higher. I.E. - my weekly rental in cleveland was $188 at the enterprise 2 miles away from the airport, and would have been ~$300 if I got it at the gate for the same car.

Comment

You can compare online fairly easily. I looked around at the major cheap ticket websites and compared them to the corporate websites and found no real major differences.

I'm renting an E350 from Hertz in three weeks and it is only $15 more per day than a Chevy Impala. The trick is to see what is included in the car. Their luxury class gives you free GPS which you have to add on per day on any other class (if you need gps).

My last trip I rented a GLK350 that was actually the same price as the economy SUV once I added the GPS option (Hertz had $60 off for luxury class too).

Comment

Originally posted by Blame Canada View Post
                    Cheaptickets.com
                    Got a Camero for 4 days in Colorado last month for $280. Also used my AAA for discount with it.
                    WTF is a Camero?
                    Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                      WTF is a Camero?
                      Its the Canadian version of the Camaro. I thought it ended up being $600+

Comment

<-- just booked a convertible 2011 5.0 at $82/day vs. the "Full size" at $89/day via Hertz.

#1 Gold Club has its privileges..

(x2 - airports are much higher)

Comment

Working...
                        X