Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many farmers do we have on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just N of Austin, where I live, they are getting $90 for a round bale of coastal (not sure which size). I am seeing truckloads come and go each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      You have family that tends to it or locals?
      Locals. I have a foreman and 15 +/- guys living in an onsite village. They have a garden, pig pen, a few cattle, and a shit ton of chickens. They also hunt and fish the area. They are extremely self sufficient. I go each year in December for the summer harvest and other than handling the Ag-chem and equipment purchases it is a self running operation.
      If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

I'm still seeing cattle for 120 a pound. I know my friend is getting 150.00 a ton on his alfalfa.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          I'm still seeing cattle for 120 a pound. I know my friend is getting 150.00 a ton on his alfalfa.
          Where are you seeing $1.20 a pound? Alfalfa is not good for cattle. Gives them collic (sp).
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            Where are you seeing $1.20 a pound? Alfalfa is not good for cattle. Gives them collic (sp).
            $1.15- $1.30 is what most went for this last Saturday in Decatur

Comment

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
              $1.15- $1.30 is what most went for this last Saturday in Decatur
              Wow double from what everyone has been telling me.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

About 500 acres in Ellis county. Cattle are on most. We sold atleast half the herd already, because of hay. Canton area is still selling hay around 4.50 a square bale, and 55 for Rounds, second cuttings, from what I've heard from friends. Semi loads from Oklahoma are pretty cheap, 3.50 a bale for squares, don't think they do round bales. All are horse quality so it'll be good for cattle.

"Home" property we have the horses. 20 acres with 15 miniatures and 7 Paints/Quarters.

Comment

Locals. I have a foreman and 15 +/- guys living in an onsite village. They have a garden, pig pen, a few cattle, and a shit ton of chickens. They also hunt and fish the area. They are extremely self sufficient. I go each year in December for the summer harvest and other than handling the Ag-chem and equipment purchases it is a self running operation.
                  For some reason this came to mind.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Do you return in a semi-submersible sub?

Comment

I have 1200 acres in northwest,central Kansas.
                      We raise wheat, soybeans and feed for our cattle.
                      Is that by Great Bend area?

My cousins farm something in Central LA. and my parents own land in Laos to farm something...hopefully its opium soo i can stop working.
                      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                        For some reason this came to mind.

The guys that live on the farm actually live quite well, for Bolivian Standards. They do continue to eat weird stuff though. I spent a birthday out there one year and they kept telling me what a wonderful surprise they had. That night they cooked freaking armadillo for dinner. That is the ONLY thing that has ever been placed in front of me that I absolutly refused to eat. I told them my stomach hurt so they wrapped up an entire cooked armadillo (claws and all) in a potato sack so I could take it with me.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        Do you return in a semi-submersible sub?
                        That would be much more lucrative!

Comment

That's pretty awesome. You pick it up turn key? I'd love to go down there at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            I rent a house on my wife's family's 500 acres. I do about 80% of the work for the cattle. Putting out hay, feeding the bulls, mowing the pastures, and filling the water troughs right now ( creek and pond have dried up).

The other day I counted 76 head of cattle. 2 of which are bulls.

AND IF ANYBODY HAS A LEAD ON SOME DECENTLY PRICED ROUND BALE HAY... LET ME KNOW.
                            You know anyone that needs hay hauled in Ok/Tx/La/Ark area? Dont have a 53' flatbed but looking to pull some with my 1 ton and gooseneck. Heard a lot of farmers are looking to have it hauled in.

Comment

I just called him. He said he won't deliver but does indeed have 170 bales of this year's costal.
                              find me some loaders/unloaders and Ill haul it.

Comment

Originally posted by RunbabyRun09 View Post
                                About 500 acres in Ellis county. Cattle are on most. We sold atleast half the herd already, because of hay. Canton area is still selling hay around 4.50 a square bale, and 55 for Rounds, second cuttings, from what I've heard from friends. Semi loads from Oklahoma are pretty cheap, 3.50 a bale for squares, don't think they do round bales. All are horse quality so it'll be good for cattle.

"Home" property we have the horses. 20 acres with 15 miniatures and 7 Paints/Quarters.
                                Nice.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X