Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many farmers do we have on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many farmers do we have on the board?

I've noticed a lot of people lately.

It's always nice to make friends with other farmers. You never know when you'll need some help from someone.

I have 1200 acres in northwest,central Kansas.
    We raise wheat, soybeans and feed for our cattle.

Slowhand is an indoor agriculturalist. He has a pretty slick hydroponic system in his apartment that I assume he uses to produce organic vegetables and whatnot.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Not it!

Comment

have a few hectares in Chane, Bolivia that is divided between corn, soybeans, and sorghum
        If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

I rent a house on my wife's family's 500 acres. I do about 80% of the work for the cattle. Putting out hay, feeding the bulls, mowing the pastures, and filling the water troughs right now ( creek and pond have dried up).

The other day I counted 76 head of cattle. 2 of which are bulls.

AND IF ANYBODY HAS A LEAD ON SOME DECENTLY PRICED ROUND BALE HAY... LET ME KNOW.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            AND IF ANYBODY HAS A LEAD ON SOME DECENTLY PRICED ROUND BALE HAY... LET ME KNOW.
            cheapest I've found is

T. Wilson in Mineral Wells
            4 x 5 = $55.00 (last year hay) $75.00 (this year's)
            5 x 6 = $80.00 but he doesn't currently have any

Comment

We have 160 acres out in Cooper off the river.

Comment

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
                cheapest I've found is

T. Wilson in Mineral Wells
                4 x 5 = $55.00 (last year hay) $75.00 (this year's)
                5 x 6 = $80.00 but he doesn't currently have any
                Will he deliver to Ovilla ( just south of Cedar Hill). Does he have 170 bales available? I am not sure if we have the 4x5 or the 5x6.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Will he deliver to Ovilla ( just south of Cedar Hill). Does he have 170 bales available? I am not sure if we have the 4x5 or the 5x6.
                  I just called him. He said he won't deliver but does indeed have 170 bales of this year's costal.

Comment

I just called him. He said he won't deliver but does indeed have 170 bales of this year's costal.
                    Well hold that thought. My wife just called me and her grandfather is selling all cows and bulls to another Rancher out of West, TX. He is keeping 10 cows and will be getting a new bull to service them.... I do not blame them as they are in their 80's. It will also be nice for me as I have been doing all this work for free for the past 3 years to help them out.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Well hold that thought. My wife just called me and her grandfather is selling all cows and bulls to another Rancher out of West, TX. He is keeping 10 cows and will be getting a new bull to service them.... I do not blame them as they are in their 80's. It will also be nice for me as I have been doing all this work for free for the past 3 years to help them out.
                      Honestly, with the price of hay on the rise and water in such high demand I am shocked that cattle prices are still "normal" I figured with record temperatures and the lack of rain, sale-barns would be hitting rock bottom prices.

Comment

Honestly, with the price of hay on the rise and water in such high demand I am shocked that cattle prices are still "normal" I figured with record temperatures and the lack of rain, sale-barns would be hitting rock bottom prices.
                        They aren't. I have heard numbers as low as 60 cents a pound. And some sale-barns turning cattle away. We were going to take ours to auction 2 weeks ago but prices were too low. I am not sure what this guy is paying them.. but he is taking the cattle to graze his land and not to the sale-barns immediately. I am sure he is buying as an investment to hold until the prices go up.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

They aren't. I have heard numbers as low as 60 cents a pound. And some sale-barns turning cattle away. We were going to take ours to auction 2 weeks ago but prices were too low. I am not sure what this guy is paying them.. but he is taking the cattle to graze his land and not to the sale-barns immediately. I am sure he is buying as an investment to hold until the prices go up.
                          $0.60 a lb? That's crazy....

Comment

have a few hectares in Chane, Bolivia that is divided between corn, soybeans, and sorghum
                            You have family that tends to it or locals?

Comment

We've got 200 acres out east in Rains county, all cattle. Luckily we put up enough hay. My wife's family has 4500 acres in north west Oklahoma. They mostly just grow wheat with about 500 head of cattle.
                              DamonH

Comment

Working...
                              X