Stock Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Market

Where does everyone see the market going in the next 6 months? The drop today I think is the biggest in the past 2 years? I had 4-5 stocks I have been shorting over the past few months that were goign to be a buy late this week/next week but with this huge dip I am not to sure now.

Not that my opinion holds much weight but I really thought once a deal was made there would have been a small rally. I guess the consumer spending outruled that.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Stocks aside, I moved my entire 401k into a stable funds money market account last Friday instead of the "high risk" aggressive growth stocks....

I'll be damned if I take another bath on my retirement account... Saw the drops today and think I made the right call.

Comment

Put all my money in NASCAR commemorative plates and gold. Gold has been skyrocketing over the last few years, just look at the numbers, now is the time to get in!
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        Stocks aside, I moved my entire 401k into a stable funds money market account last Friday instead of the "high risk" aggressive growth stocks....

I'll be damned if I take another bath on my retirement account... Saw the drops today and think I made the right call.
        I moved my 401k over to something more secure (LOW RISK) months ago. I am down 1.2% YTD which is better than whatever it could've been.

My 401k was up almost 18% last year. So much for those gains this year!
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I am beginning to think we are in deep shit and it may be time to sell and sit it out!

Comment

I consider it oversold at this point. No news we have seen justifies what has happened the last two weeks. People are just scared shitless, just like some have posted above.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I just watched my portfolio drop 2.75% just today alone and over 16% since last monday. I have been planning a pull out of the market all together selling the only two that I have and putting it in house improvements (repairs), physical silver and leaving a small amount as a safety cushion so I can leave Afghanistan and come home.

I really hope I can gain just a fraction back this week so I can liquidate at a slightly higher price. I foresee this getting much worse ALONG time before it gets any better and trend has always shown that as the market drops physical silver/gold increases in value at a greater rate.

I am waiting for the guru's to come in. Remember my thread about stocks or home improvements about 6 months ago. I should have sold then. (slaps himself)
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                I just watched my portfolio drop 2.75% just today alone and over 16% since last monday. I have been planning a pull out of the market all together selling the only two that I have and putting it in house improvements (repairs), physical silver and leaving a small amount as a safety cushion so I can leave Afghanistan and come home.

I really hope I can gain just a fraction back this week so I can liquidate at a slightly higher price. I foresee this getting much worse ALONG time before it gets any better and trend has always shown that as the market drops physical silver/gold increases in value at a greater rate.

I am waiting for the guru's to come in. Remember my thread about stocks or home improvements about 6 months ago. I should have sold then. (slaps himself)
                If you are as concerned as you seem then the last thing I would be doing with cash is putting it into home improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  I consider it oversold at this point. No news we have seen justifies what has happened the last two weeks. People are just scared shitless, just like some have posted above.
                  <---------scared shitless. My stocks are my net out of this fucking hell hole.

Comment

I think the next time I see the possibility for a market shit I am going to short some silver/gold ETFs. They seem to be doing quite well today.

Comment

Just about everything is oversold by the charts. That is why the dollar index is looking better than expected. The technicals and fundamentals are shifting priorities.

I'm not going to chime in, as I'm not listened to anyway, but I'm holding what I have and changing my purchasing #1 and #2 for now until the ratio closes again.

Someone will pick up on that.

Comment

Hlf
                        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          Just about everything is oversold by the charts. That is why the dollar index is looking better than expected. The technicals and fundamentals are shifting priorities.

I'm not going to chime in, as I'm not listened to anyway, but I'm holding what I have and changing my purchasing #1 and #2 for now until the ratio closes again.

Someone will pick up on that.
                          I agree, the technicals are showing oversold, however if we experience another hit like we did in 08 they will show oversold to the 10th power...

I will have my funds on standby for tomorrow and the rest of next week with quick stops in the event I see some sunlight peaking through.

I expect the market to do its typical bounce tomorrow or the day after then repeat itself a few times but I am more worried about over the next 6 months. I don't any thing more than a few days anyways. I am up 14% in 5 months so I am taking it slow so I don't jinx that.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                            If you are as concerned as you seem then the last thing I would be doing with cash is putting it into home improvements.
                            The home improvements are going to happen either way. They are easier and leave me more money for silver and cushion if the market is in okay shape.

Comment

There are way too many pulling and holding USD. Fuck around and we'll start seeing some deflationary signs (but no real deflation).

Comment

Working...
                              X