WIW- 79 mustang pace car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIW- 79 mustang pace car

Spotted a 79 Mustang pace car that is 100% complete and in fairly decent shape. It is a 4cyl turbo/manual shift with factory sunroof. It is sun baked and will need paint and most likely a new roof skin. It has a little rust right around the sunroof area. Lower rockers and quarter panels are rust free.

And your point is?

Comment

Most of those will need interior help also. I think those have Recaro's? I wouldn't give too much unless you were looking specifically to fully restore that car.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        And your point is?
        To annoy others.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in it to either restore or for parts. I was going to pass on the info.

Comment

I'm sure if you found a Mustang enthusiast board to post on you would find some interest.

Comment

I don't think they are really worth too much, but I stil think they are cool as hell! We saw a really cool one on the 04 Powertour with a Cobra mod motor stuffed in it, and of course there is that super badass one that Steve (JKD) posted a month or so ago.

Reference (still needed a coil or 2 snapped off).....

And the one Steve posted......

70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Cool car

Comment

Any idea what they want for it?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It sold today for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                    I'm sure if you found a Mustang enthusiast board to post on you would find some interest.
                    Beat me to it.

Comment

I had a '79 Pace Car and loved it. I would stay away from the turbo 4s unless a motor swap is planned as those early ones had a lot more problems than the later SVO ones. I don't think they're worth a whole lot more than any other stang of the same vintage unless they are all original and low mileage.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                      X