Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas heatwave is making a run at the 1980 record.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A+ View Post
    I love this heat, it don't bother me none
    How in the world do you handle it. Im done by 10 most of the days. I am getting up at 4:30 to avoid the heat & even then at night when Im mowing by lights on my commercial accounts im still sweating and thats on a rider.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
      I want to drive your car.
      It's not mine, it's a buddy's. We swapped cars for a few hours. It's a bada** ride, no doubt about it. Very comfy and smooth, but put it in sport+ shift mode, with suspension on the firmest setting and it flies straight-line and around corners. It's a 2010 Mercedes E63 AMG. I want one.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

8pm and it is still 106* locally.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Our HSE department in Iraq has to pull a wet bulb reading every hour on the hour and then distro it via email to all department heads.

Check with Denny, he will confirm 149* in the summer in Iraq on a wetbulb is 100% fact.

Hang your arm out the window in Taji, Iraq and you litterally think your skin is sizzling. Go sit down in a port-a-jon at noon to take a shit and you will smell your skin burning about the same time you jump on the seat and sit on your hands; even then it still hurts. Go ahead and leave a wrench in the sun for 10 minutes and see if it does not send you to the TMC (clinic) for 1st degree burns; same goes for your rifle.

I am not the only guy on the board to have been in Iraq in the summer. Wiki is full of shit or their information is being measured differently.

Edit: this is from the bulb measurements today at 1400L (Afg) in Bagram
          wet bulb = 72* (thermometer exposed to sun and prevailing winds)
          dry bulb = 112* (thermometer)
          black globe = 135* (thermometer in direct rays of sunlight)

...and it is NO WHERE near as hot as it was in Iraq this exact same time last year when I was there.
          no shit!! i was in full gear going back to my dorm at balad ab and i could not make it, lol. so i had to stop at a porta-john and i was in that damn thing cooking. it looked like i jumped in the lake by the time i got out (i was in there for maybe 5-10 min). not to mention the smell of multiple shits baking in the sun all day. And if that not bad enough the water from inside splashed up on me. i almost vomited! lol. i think i used all the hand sanitizer in that thing wiping my ass off!

Comment

i tell you one thing this heat is really screwing up my stomach!

Comment

Working...
            X