Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in Arlington wanna peek at a car for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Arlington wanna peek at a car for me?

I am trying to get to Dallas to buy a new beater since the Mark sold.
    There is a Bonneville SSEi thats in my price range. Car has a dent in the passenger rear door (can get whole new door for $300) and prolly needs a new AC comp. I just need someone to start it and maybe drive it around the block to make sure the trans and all that is working.

I just want to make sure its a driver before I bribe someone to take me 80 miles up there to get it.

Its a 2003 Bonneville on East Divison. Black on black.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
    I am trying to get to Dallas to buy a new beater since the Mark sold.
    There is a Bonneville SSEi thats in my price range. Car has a dent in the passenger rear door (can get whole new door for $300) and prolly needs a new AC comp. I just need someone to start it and maybe drive it around the block to make sure the trans and all that is working.

I just want to make sure its a driver before I bribe someone to take me 80 miles up there to get it.

Its a 2003 Bonneville on East Divison. Black on black.
    i can give you the ride to pick it up, but i'm out of the Arlington area.
    first class white trash

Comment

The place closes at 7 but my buddy dont get off till 6 and cant get me in time. The dude buying my car will be here in about an hour but hes driving back to Austin and cant give me a ride. My grandmother is too scared to drive farther then the store so it looks like I cant even find a way to get there unless I hire a cab which is why I wanted to make sure shes a runner.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

The place closes at 7 but my buddy dont get off till 6 and cant get me in time. The dude buying my car will be here in about an hour but hes driving back to Austin and cant give me a ride. My grandmother is too scared to drive farther then the store so it looks like I cant even find a way to get there unless I hire a cab which is why I wanted to make sure shes a runner.
        Borrow grandma's car and come take a look. If you like it buy it and see if someone will cart it down there for you.

I can help, but I wont have any free time until this weekend.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

What is name of lot/ exact address?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            What is name of lot/ exact address?
            Its not a car lot. Some kind of finance company and the car is a repo.

VIP Finance
            801 East Division St.
            Arlington, TX 76011

I managed to figure out how to get there. Dude buying the Mark is gonna give me a ride to Waco and my buddy is gonna skip lunch so he can get off early so we can make it in time.

Comment

Damn that's a round about ass way to get to Arlington, but props on getting the job done.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Its not a car lot. Some kind of finance company and the car is a repo.

VIP Finance
                801 East Division St.
                Arlington, TX 76011

I managed to figure out how to get there. Dude buying the Mark is gonna give me a ride to Waco and my buddy is gonna skip lunch so he can get off early so we can make it in time.
                I have dealt with those people before. Got a 94 Mark VIII from them and I looked at a chevy metro. One thing I can say is that they mostly have JUNK. They are a pawn shop for cars, they give out loans on cars and titles. Good thing is that you can negotiate with em pretty easily.

Comment

Sux you had to sell the car. Still no luck on selling the house.

Comment

What a fuggin waste of time! Got a ride to Waco and waited for my friend to get off. Filled his car up and bought some r134 for the Bonneville and for my friends car since his AC was barley working.

Anyway we just make it before the place closes and I see the car. So so so pissed.
                    I spoke to the guy three times before going up there and he said all that was wrong was one door was dammaged and the AC didnt blow cold. I repeated this for a confirmation to make sure thats all that was wrong with the car.
                    Upon seeing the car its door was in fact dammaged beyond repair. Just like the fender and the quarter pannel and front bumper. Windshield was broken right in line of sight so it would have to go, bald tires, ripped seats, ripped console..... car was beat to chit. Two windows were held up with rubber door stops.

What a waste of time and money. The hunt continues for a beater.

Comment

wish i coulda replied sooner and saved you a trip but that lot in particular is a total waste of time and energy.

good luck with the beater search mang.

Comment

What a fuggin waste of time! Got a ride to Waco and waited for my friend to get off. Filled his car up and bought some r134 for the Bonneville and for my friends car since his AC was barley working.

Anyway we just make it before the place closes and I see the car. So so so pissed.
                        I spoke to the guy three times before going up there and he said all that was wrong was one door was dammaged and the AC didnt blow cold. I repeated this for a confirmation to make sure thats all that was wrong with the car.
                        Upon seeing the car its door was in fact dammaged beyond repair. Just like the fender and the quarter pannel and front bumper. Windshield was broken right in line of sight so it would have to go, bald tires, ripped seats, ripped console..... car was beat to chit. Two windows were held up with rubber door stops.

See post 8. Told you they sell nothing but JUNK.

Comment

door stops.

What's your price range? I'm about to list my '97 chevy full size. V-6 5speed. Gets 17-20mpg. PM me for any interest.
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

What's your price range? I get bored and watch craigslist for cars. I can keep an eye out. You gotta jump on the cheap ones though.

Not sure what your looking for but do a search for Lumina on craigslist, there are quite few of them at descent prices out there.
                            Last edited by 94form2000z; 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              See post 8. Told you they sell nothing but JUNK.
                              Unfortunatly I was already en route to deliver my Mark. By the time I got to Dallas my phone was dead and I couldnt get online.
                              Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                              What's your price range? I get bored and watch craigslist for cars. I can keep an eye out. You gotta jump on the cheap ones though.

Not sure what your looking for but do a search for Lumina on craigslist, there are quite few of them at descent prices out there.
                              I am about 90% sure I am picking up a 99 Regal GS for about $2000 tomorrow. I should have just gone for that car today but thought a SSEi would be way cooler. The Regal is in excellent shape though and dont have any dammage inside or out.
                              I think it even comes with headers and a ZZP computer that are still in boxes.

But basicly I am looking for a 97-03 Regal GS, 97-03 Grand Prix GTP, 00-03 SSEi or 92-95 Taurus SHO. Under $2500.

Comment

Working...
                              X