Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Get out of Jail Free Card

Prison Inmate Bails Himself Out of Jail With Just a Phone

Well, it's not exactly hacking your way out of prison, but it still worked. Ingenious Florida jailbird Larry Stone found a little glitch in his prison's phone system that let him scam enough money to post bail. Oh, Florida.

Stone, an inmate at central Florida's Lake County Jail for property damage charges, figured out that while the jail charges prisoners for calls, it refunds them twice for incomplete ones. Pretty good score. So he set about making 77 incomplete calls in three hours, earning him more than $1,250. Enough to post bond, and even have 50 bucks in freedom money.

Our hero wasn't free for long, though. The screws got wise when 256 other inmates tried the same thing. Stone was picked up shortly thereafter, and they fixed the glitch. But you can't knock a guy for trying.
    G'Day Mate

Just imagine how much they could earn if they would use that intellect towards something legit.
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
      Just imagine how much they could earn if they would use that intellect towards something legit.
      You mean basic arithmetic?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Seeing the possibilites and implications of a situation beyond whats immediately in front of them.

Kinda like you not seeing his point.

Comment

I agree with his point, but I don't think this situation shows somebody with a high degree of intelligence.
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Not his fault...
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

They charge inmates $8.12 for a phone call?

Comment

Prolly a better word would be talent.

Comment

Should have kept his mouth shut and not told the other prisoners how he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                    They charge inmates $8.12 for a phone call?
                    Or $16.23?
                    Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                    Prolly a better word would be talent.
                    Even then, I wouldn't say it took much talent. Most likely, he got voicemail on his first call, hung up, got the double refund and realized he could get away with it a second time, and a third time...balls and dedication, at best. Having nothing to lose and nowhere to go, at worst.
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

According to the article they charge 8.12 per call but refund 16.24 for an incomplete call. I love how Government spends tax payer $

Comment

Typically going to voicemail is a completed call. An endpoint device or system answered the call.

Double the money for refunds, that's what you get for hiring the lowest bidder. It drives me insane constantly losing government bids, but I won't dumb down our services or products.

Lowest bidder is not the answer for a lot of things and technology is one of them.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                          I agree with his point, but I don't think this situation shows somebody with a high degree of intelligence.
                          He was smarter than the jailers. Not that it's that hard.
                          .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
                          X