• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
    I have a blue 89 5.0 5spd coupe cold air pretty much stock
    you want 4000 for it right? Looks like a hell of a deal

Comment

Here's my truck before I removed my drop kit.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I'll give you 10 bucks. Cash in hand.
        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

I think that svo was owned at one point by a guy that use to work for dumpycarpi85

Comment

It's a shame it doesn't have the original wheels. Those wheels don't look like they fit right at all, like the backspacing isn't right. Other than that, it really doesn't look rough at all to me. Of course sometimes pictures make a car look better than it does, but that's a decent price. Still wouldn't remotely consider daily driving one.

Comment

As an SVO owner.... i don;t think i would be willing to trust an UNknown SVO as a daily....

Once you go througha few things to ensure its road worthy, it might be decent..
              ONe buddy of mine had his SVO for 150K miles. had a few quirks here and there, but no major issues.

When i bought mine i had some serious issues that made it difficult to justify keeping it. but once i got the kinks worked out it was fine.
              Most issues i have found with SVO's have been from previous owners.

As for power potential. mine made 430+whp...... Srtomped a few LSX vehciles, 4.6's and 5.0's.

Speed up to today and my SVO has been broke for 3 years.. it sucks but one day i'll bring it back from the grave... It broke since the factory rod finally failed at over double its rated HP..

I would choose a SVO only as a weekend / secondary car.. not a primary.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                SVO issues...they catch fire.
                Absolutely incorrect...

Poor Maintenance from previous owners leads to car fires...

Comment

I loved the he'll out of my SVO. Had an 86 for almost 10 years. Wish I never sold it. It was most definitely a love hate relationship.
                  When it was running good it would hold it's own with anything out there. While it was stock and slightly modified it was extremely reliable.
                  Once I starte doing some serious mods to it it became a secondary vehicle.
                  Funnest I had was taking it around TMS and flooring it around the turns. The fucker held so flat it was a blast. Most people see how fast they go on the straights, I was seeing how fast I could go in the turns!!!!
                  86 SVO

Comment

Not a svo but my 2.3 dd has been good to me. Like most have said preventative maintaince will go a long way.

Comment

I've been daily driving whats basically a svo in a truck body for the last 3 years and besides a broke shifter fork and a bad tfi module it hasn't been to bad. I do keep it at a weak 7psi but I'm trying to not break it. If you end up with one, do whats been posted and change out every hose and do a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        It's a shame it doesn't have the original wheels. Those wheels don't look like they fit right at all, like the backspacing isn't right. Other than that, it really doesn't look rough at all to me. Of course sometimes pictures make a car look better than it does, but that's a decent price. Still wouldn't remotely consider daily driving one.
                        yea the wheels look like shit on there, I hate those wheels on anything anyways. The pictures look about like the car looks, I mean it runs and drives good, but the paint looks like shit, interior is in ok shape

Comment

Working...
                        X