No announcement yet.

Former/Current USMC, quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former/Current USMC, quick question...

After graduation from boot camp, does the ticket for the flight home get paid by the family or does the military pay for it?

My parents are buying their tickets tomorrow to go to San Diego for my bro's graduation but arent sure if they need to get him a ticket when he comes home for his 10 days off.

The recruit told my mom before he left that its covered by them, but my bro just sent my mom a letter stating to pay for his ticket home...Ive tried to reach his Sergeant by email to confirm but he never responds...TIA

Your brother's travel will be handled by the USMC and he should be having it taken out of his pay. Atleast that was the way it was in '95.

Comment

When i graduated from San Diego in 1998, getting your boot leave travel arranged was part of the last week of boot camp. There is a travel agency on base called SATO. They will go there as a platoon and set up the arrangements. He will pay for the ticket with the money he has earned while in boot camp. If i remember correctly, he will be given the opportunity to call home and coordinate the flight with the rest of the family. That being said, you guys can buy the ticket if you choose and he will not have to. Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMCev View Post
        When i graduated from San Diego in 1998, getting your boot leave travel arranged was part of the last week of boot camp. There is a travel agency on base called SATO. They will go there as a platoon and set up the arrangements. He will pay for the ticket with the money he has earned while in boot camp. If i remember correctly, he will be given the opportunity to call home and coordinate the flight with the rest of the family. That being said, you guys can buy the ticket if you choose and he will not have to. Hope this helps...
        X2 that's how it worked in 2003

Comment

Graduated 2005 and the Marine Corps DOES NOT cover your ticket home for boot leave, just as they wouldnt any other time you go on leave. That comes out of your own pocket. They will be afforded the opportunity via SATO travel but I recommend you guys get the ticket for him and have him pay you back. When I went through we did not get to go to SATO until the last week I believe and tickets out of SD tended to be very expensive the week before a flight (and you damn sure dont graduate with a whole lot of money to throw around).

Comment

I don't remember how it was working in March of 1987.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
              Graduated 2005 and the Marine Corps DOES NOT cover your ticket home for boot leave, just as they wouldnt any other time you go on leave. That comes out of your own pocket. They will be afforded the opportunity via SATO travel but I recommend you guys get the ticket for him and have him pay you back. When I went through we did not get to go to SATO until the last week I believe and tickets out of SD tended to be very expensive the week before a flight (and you damn sure dont graduate with a whole lot of money to throw around).
              false ninja. not ANY OTHER TIME. You think they buy a ticket from kuwait to the US? Nope.

But, to the OP, he will have that all taken care of. Just good parents lookin out for their boy, but they need not to worry.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                I don't remember how it was working in March of 1987.

That's because you're old and showing signs of dementia.

Comment

It is a leave period. Comes out of his pocket.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                  X