Red light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
    Got two of them I've never paid. Several years back, there isn't shit they can do so fuck em and feed em fish heads.
    Do you know any of the Blasingame boys? I've never seen/heard anyone use that expression but them.

Comment

In TX, they can not arrest a warrant because an officer wasn't present for the offense. The back of the "ticket", bill, tax, or whatever you want to call it; says exactly that. It does say that you will not be able to renew your registration. I'll take my chances. Fuck em. I have one I got a bill for the other day. I was behind an 18 wheeler and my view of the signal was blocked by the trailer. The camera even showed it.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They'll say you were following to closely then.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
          Ive heard that they will not let you renew your registration unless you pay them.
          i was worried about that but i renewed last month with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            You broke the law, pay the ticket, and move on.
            Agreed. You got caught so pay it and move on in life. Just be a little more carefull in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
              Well the ticket is 158$ and its not like i RAN the light it turned red when i was at the intersection and the light was above my car. I don't have 158$ just to blow for a stupid ass ticket so I have a case but i just wanted to know if anyone on here had fought one before.
              If that part is true about you already being in the intersection when the light turned it should get thrown out, if you protest. When I read about them you have to break the plane of the intersection when the light is red. If you are past that plane (the white line) and the light turns then you haven't run the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
                That's just what I heard.. But to answer your question I guess im an idiot because if I ran the light and got a ticket I would pay it.
                Well shit, I'll send you a ticket for that un-signaled lane change the other day. I have a crappy (photoshopped) pick, but I can see your LP clearly. I suggest prompt payment, or you could possibly get thrown in a dungeon with Richard Simmons. Yes, "Dick" Simmons wants his cocktail, fruit.

Comment

To end this thread. Yes it is true that you cannot be arrested on it. It is also true that you will not be able to renew your registration if you have an outstanding red light ticket. However, this is limited to the city you reside in. In other words, if you received a red light ticket in irving but live in fort worth, feel free to throw that shit in the trash. If you happen to receive a ticket for the city you live in, then just wait until you have to register and pay it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Do you know any of the Blasingame boys? I've never seen/heard anyone use that expression but them.
                    Who?

I think I picked that up on a jobsite somewhere, probably from an iron worker.

My old super used to say 'fuck em in the neck.'
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Not having $158 doesn't make it any less illegal. Good luck fighting it with a pic of your car half way into an intersection on a red light.
                      Seriously dude? I'm going to take a picture of you doing something illegal and extort money out of you with it. That's what a red light ticket is. If the ticket is not written by a cop, it's bullshit.

Comment

I love this fucking argument. Let's put a camera on every street corner, I guarantee you that every single one of you broke some obscure traffic law on the way to work this morning. But you guys better pay up, just because the local government wants your money. People with the mentality of the fucking suckers in this thread are what have ruined this country. You should be taking that little ticket and wiping your ass with it and sending it back to them.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I just hope it doesn't get to be like England here. When I went to London there were literally thousands of cameras and if you get a ticket for speeding from one you can't fuck around - they will add surcharges and throw your ass in jail.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I have have two of them sent to me and I never paid or replied. I have not had any issues with drivers license or registration renewal. These cameras are nothing but a scam IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                              To end this thread. Yes it is true that you cannot be arrested on it. It is also true that you will not be able to renew your registration if you have an outstanding red light ticket. However, this is limited to the city you reside in. In other words, if you received a red light ticket in irving but live in fort worth, feel free to throw that shit in the trash. If you happen to receive a ticket for the city you live in, then just wait until you have to register and pay it then.
                              Yeah all my shit is still registered in Texas, because of school out here but live in a different city from where i got the ticket. I just feel like saying fuck it and move on and not even worry about this shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X