No announcement yet.

Red light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I know it doesn't make it any less illegal but I would rather fight it to possibly get it lowered because I have never had a ticket in the past 3 years and being my first red light ticket I would like to see if there is a way to beat this.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Right, but where did you get the ticket, in FL, or TX? If it's from FL, I don't have any ideas about the legalities of it. Even in TX, I have a vague idea. I've never gotten a red light ticket, so I've had no need to really dig into the details.
      It's cool man, I live and got it in FL I figured that TX and FL laws were almost reciprocal in this field thats why i asked here.

Comment

i got one a while back and i just tossed it. Probably about 6 months later i got a letter from some law office and said they would report it on my credit if i didn't pay them or dispute the ticket. I just wrote them a letter saying i dispute the ticket and nothing else has happened. I am curious to find out if anything comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
          i got one a while back and i just tossed it. Probably about 6 months later i got a letter from some law office and said they would report it on my credit if i didn't pay them or dispute the ticket. I just wrote them a letter saying i dispute the ticket and nothing else has happened. I am curious to find out if anything comes of it.
          Interesting, Have you checked your CR?

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
            It's illegal in TX for them to put it on your credit report, and even if they do, dispute it. They don't have a contract, or any signed document saying you'll agree to pay them anything.

Comment

I got one In Denton, 75.00. I don't remember ever running a light but I've cut some close.

I was wondering what would happen if I didnt pay it. I've heard it's not the same as a regular citation. Can warrants be issued for theese? All th picture shows is s zoomed in picture of my LP and tail lights. So idk where In the intersection I was.

I plan on just paying it and being done. Do they show up on a driving record or no?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                not yet. I check it once a year and when I do if it is on there I will dispute it then. I never agreed to pay them anything so they can go fuck themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  I got one In Denton, 75.00. I don't remember ever running a light but I've cut some close.

I was wondering what would happen if I didnt pay it. I've heard it's not the same as a regular citation. Can warrants be issued for theese? All th picture shows is s zoomed in picture of my LP and tail lights. So idk where In the intersection I was.

I plan on just paying it and being done. Do they show up on a driving record or no?
                  Well over here this is ticket is not a normal ticket. It doesnt go on my record and I don't have points on my license because of it. It's pretty much like an LEO came pulled me over and said give me 158$ and we will call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                    not yet. I check it once a year and when I do if it is on there I will dispute it then. I never agreed to pay them anything so they can go fuck themselves.
                    That's good then lol!

Comment

Ive heard that they will not let you renew your registration unless you pay them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
                        Ive heard that they will not let you renew your registration unless you pay them.
                        As have I.

Comment

Stop breaking the law asshole!

/obligatory

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
                            That's BS. I wouldn't stand for it.

I had one right next to my house that would trap everyone in the morning rush. The light was on a blind curve and timed just right that I'm sure it took 200 pics a day. I received 2 tickets before I went to city hall and contested them. It took two hours and meetings with two government mouth breathers before they threw them out.

On my way home a few days later I thought about all the people they've scammed, and they just shell their money out. Idiots. So I jumped in my truck, drove to the intersection at about 3am, and used my back bumper to remove the camera. It took a few tries but it ended up in the parking lot of the nearby gas station.

It's like joe shmoe taking a picture of me committing a minor traffic violation and sending me a bill. Would you pay it? If so, you don't need that money, unless it buys you some sense.

Comment

Got two of them I've never paid. Several years back, there isn't shit they can do so fuck em and feed em fish heads.
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                That's BS. I wouldn't stand for it.

I had one right next to my house that would trap everyone in the morning rush. The light was on a blind curve and timed just right that I'm sure it took 200 pics a day. I received 2 tickets before I went to city hall and contested them. It took two hours and meetings with two government mouth breathers before they threw them out.

On my way home a few days later I thought about all the people they've scammed, and they just shell their money out. Idiots. So I jumped in my truck, drove to the intersection at about 3am, and used my back bumper to remove the camera. It took a few tries but it ended up in the parking lot of the nearby gas station.

It's like joe shmoe taking a picture of me committing a minor traffic violation and sending me a bill. Would you pay it? If so, you don't need that money, unless it buys you some sense.
                                That's just what I heard.. But to answer your question I guess im an idiot because if I ran the light and got a ticket I would pay it.
                                Last edited by Buck Nasty; 07-31-2011, 09:05 PM. Reason: l
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X