Red light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red light!

Well I just got popped with a red light ticket. Anyone try to fight these? If so what was your arguement?

You broke the law, pay the ticket, and move on.

Comment

I've gotten one before, i just paid it because i did run the light and was caught in a picture.

Comment

They still have those camera. Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
          Well I just got popped with a red light ticket. Anyone try to fight these? If so what was your arguement?
          Don't pay it, it wasn't issued by a LEO. /shrug

Comment

Well the ticket is 158$ and its not like i RAN the light it turned red when i was at the intersection and the light was above my car. I don't have 158$ just to blow for a stupid ass ticket so I have a case but i just wanted to know if anyone on here had fought one before.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Don't pay it, it wasn't issued by a LEO. /shrug
              My fiance's cousin who works for a law office said the same thing she is going to dig around on how I would go about doing it this way. How would you argue that because it wasn't issued but an LEO?

Comment

My fiance's cousin who works for a law office said the same thing she is going to dig around on how I would go about doing it this way. How would you argue that because it wasn't issued but an LEO?
                I'm not a lawyer, I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night. If I recall correctly in TX if a LEO didn't write the ticket, it's invalid. You might do some looking around on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  They still have those camera. Pics or it didn't happen.
                  Lol well here in Miami, they are everywhere BECAUSE people run the shit out of red lights and im not talking about in my case. The light will be red for over 3 seconds and you have cars still trying to make it either on left, right, or going straight.

The CTS that was behind me ran it like the above example in the video that I watched.

Comment

That sig isn't work friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      I'm not a lawyer, I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night. If I recall correctly in TX if a LEO didn't write the ticket, it's invalid. You might do some looking around on that one.
                      Gotcha, Yeah i have been doing some research so I can look like I know what im talking about when i go in front of the panel.

Comment

Wait, you got a ticket in FL, or TX?

Comment

I live in FL atm

Comment

Not having $158 doesn't make it any less illegal. Good luck fighting it with a pic of your car half way into an intersection on a red light.

Comment

I live in FL atm
                              Right, but where did you get the ticket, in FL, or TX? If it's from FL, I don't have any ideas about the legalities of it. Even in TX, I have a vague idea. I've never gotten a red light ticket, so I've had no need to really dig into the details.

Comment

Working...
                              X