Man, I love Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I love Texas

Just touched down from Orlando and the weather was wonderful and the resort was amazing but damn it feels good to be home. You guys do any traveling this summer?
    .....bro....

Originally posted by A+ View Post
    Just touched down from Orlando and the weather was wonderful and the resort was amazing but damn it feels good to be home. You guys do any traveling this summer?
    About to head out to Vegas, should be nice and cool

Comment

Nope, not enough time, and not enough money. Sucks being grown up sometimes.

Comment

Getting away is great but coming back is even better
        .....bro....

Comment

Ironically I had just the opposite experience last weekend, coming "home" to San Diego, after spending a week in Galveston with my family.

It was hot as hell all week, and nothing like the beaches in SoCal, but family time each day. I got off the plane in SD, and it was in the low 70's, with the blue ocean and sail boats to my right as I left the airport. I couldn't have felt farther from home, but the weather and scenery were great!

I think that one of the main reason's that I haven't pulled a "Yale" yet, and high-tailed it home, is that SoCal is so beautiful and temperate. Well, the huge bump in my paycheck helps too.

**clicks heels three times "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..."

It's currently 71* though, and I haven't ran AC this year for more than an hour total (closed the doors for con calls, due to the barking dogs next door), so I think I'll manage.

Comment

The weather here sucks balls big time but it's home. Whadya gonna do? Pull a Yale? Lol, damn.
            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
              The weather here sucks balls big time but it's home. Whadya gonna do? Pull a Yale? Lol, damn.
              I meant no disrespect to Yale by saying that, he was in a similar situation, but without the weather. Sacramento is in the middle of nowhere in terms of scenery, and it's been high 90's/low 100's already, so I'm about to test my meddle.

I agree with the cliche though, home is where your heart is. All I need, is to find a petite blonde with fat tits that loves a Texas drawl though, and y'all will never see me again. lol

Comment

1:25
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I spent the last 2 weeks in Europe. Was lamenting returning home to the heat. Touched down, and was going through customs and I got a call from my neighbor - said my AC unit burst into flames and he ran over there to pull the breaker on it. When I got home at 1am, my house at 98 degrees inside. I ran 3 scroll fans and 2 blowers all night and got it down to 93. I didn't sleep at all. Had to replace the whole AC system the following day and then head to work. I fucking love Texas.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Further:
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I spent the last 2 weeks in Europe. Was lamenting returning home to the heat. Touched down, and was going through customs and I got a call from my neighbor - said my AC unit burst into flames and he ran over there to pull the breaker on it. When I got home at 1am, my house at 98 degrees inside. I ran 3 scroll fans and 2 blowers all night and got it down to 93. I didn't sleep at all. Had to replace the whole AC system the following day and then head to work. I fucking love Texas.
                      That is pretty shitty, least the whole house didn't go up in flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
                        That is pretty shitty, least the whole house didn't go up in flames.
                        Yeah my neighbor said he went from wet cutting tiles for his kitchen to a full sprint for my AC unit in less than a second fearing the ~30lbs of gunpowder in my adjacent gun room might go off and level the neighborhood.

A good laugh was had by all.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just got back from the penthouse in Cabo. Was on Lake Tahoe last month. Heading to FoCo in a few weeks for some hiking. New Orleans for a few days after that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            Yeah my neighbor said he went from wet cutting tiles for his kitchen to a full sprint for my AC unit in less than a second fearing the ~30lbs of gunpowder in my adjacent gun room might go off and level the neighborhood.

A good laugh was had by all.
                            Holy Carp! I bet it was a sight to see.

Comment

That sucks, CJ.

Waiting for September, and my traveling will begin. Can. Not. Wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X