What do Chevy C10, K10 P30 etc mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Chevy C10, K10 P30 etc mean?

I am working on a 1976 Itasca motorhome with a Chevy van front end. I am thinking it is likely a P30. Trying to figure out what to tell the clowns at the autoparts store when I go to get brake parts today.

That is the VIN code and should be the fifth letter. C is 2 wheel drive pickup, K is 4 wheel drive pickup, don't know about P though. I have only seen R or V for motorhome or something like that.

Comment

P is a panel van, like UPS uses.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post
        That is the VIN code and should be the fifth letter. C is 2 wheel drive pickup, K is 4 wheel drive pickup, don't know about P though. I have only seen R or V for motorhome or something like that.
        I would have posted the same thing.

I had a 1977 K20 (3/4 ton 4wd pickup)

Comment

As stated above, the C,K,P indicate the style of vehicle, (truck, van, 2wd,4wd).

The 10, 20, 30 indicate what ton.

10 - 1/2 ton
          20 - 3/4 ton
          30 - 1 ton

So going by what you have, it would be a 1 ton P (parcel van) vehicle.

Any good parts store should not have a problem finding what you need if you go in and tell them you need brakes for a 76 Chevy P30.

More than likely, any 30 series be it C,K,P or whatever would be the same parts.

Comment

Working...
          X