Lake lewisville vs Lake grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake lewisville vs Lake grapevine

I was looking into renting a pontoon boat for a weekend in Sept, Is one lake better than the other for that? Never been on either.

and whats the best place to rent? Just for fun has horrible reviews online, so i'm wondering if there are any better places
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Don't know about renting, but Lewisville > Grapevine.
    Lewisvilles party cove is way better and SP's is ok also.
    Ded

Comment

Lewisville is a party lake and Grapevine is more of a family lake. Probably see a lot less boat traffic on Grapevine also.

I worked at Just for Fun rentals back in 02 out of High school..

Comment

JFF isn't bad per se, but things coul be MuCH better.

Lewisville is way more fun if you're a partier. Grapevine also has retards claiming 200+ yards of lake with their parasails

Lewisville is also a death trap of a lake

Comment

I'm going out on a pontoon boat at Grapevine tomorrow. We rented one at Joe Pool last month and it was a lot of fun, but it was really expensive. I'm guessing we're renting from Just for Fun this time, but I don't know for sure.

I'll relay the experience sometime later this weekend.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Our boat is out on Grapevine and it's definitely more laid back than Lewisville is. You'll have some ski boats and jet skis here and there but most of what you see out on Grapevine is sailboats because of how the lake is laid out. Due to it's size and being the home of party cove, Lewisville is has a lot more traffic.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Which one has gators??
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

We just got back. Rental process was really smooth, lots of paperwork to sign, but nothing outrageous. I think with a 5$/hr damage waiver, all said and done it was something like $447 for 8 hours.

Pretty wide open today. We noticed a beach towards the northwest end of the lake that looked like a lot of people were stopping at. Maybe that's Grapevine's party spot?

If you are going for laid back and relaxed, I'd definitely say grapevine works.
                Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

A pontoon boat can go either way. If you've got a family wanting to relax, then go to Grapevine. If it's you and your buds, get somebody else to sign, and go to Party cove, though I don't recall there ever being a pontoon boat dropping anchor out there.

They are quite snobish at party cove, when we've been out there in my buddy's mid 80's VIP, people had to force themselves to allow us to tie up.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    A pontoon boat can go either way. If you've got a family wanting to relax, then go to Grapevine. If it's you and your buds, get somebody else to sign, and go to Party cove, though I don't recall there ever being a pontoon boat dropping anchor out there.

They are quite snobish at party cove, when we've been out there in my buddy's mid 80's VIP, people had to force themselves to allow us to tie up.
                    I've seen a few pontoons, but they don't typically tie up. Actually we don't tie up anymore either because of how stupid other boaters can be. My friends were there one time and it started raining, and several dumbasses tried to gun it and bail without ever untieing. It ripped 2 of the cleats off a buddies boat.

You want to talk about a pontoon out of place...we were on lake austin a few weeks ago and totally got the weirdest looks. Everyone has a top of the line wakeboard boat, and we rolled up in a friends 25' pontoon (he is very wealthy despite the crappy pontoon). It's also a nightmare to anchor...so everyone is watching us try to anchor a giant crappy 25' pontoon. But as soon as we rolled the 22' water mat out...we turned into the coolest fuckers on the water. If you have a pontoon...get a water mat. It's a total chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I've seen a few pontoons, but they don't typically tie up. Actually we don't tie up anymore either because of how stupid other boaters can be. My friends were there one time and it started raining, and several dumbasses tried to gun it and bail without ever untieing. It ripped 2 of the cleats off a buddies boat.

You want to talk about a pontoon out of place...we were on lake austin a few weeks ago and totally got the weirdest looks. Everyone has a top of the line wakeboard boat, and we rolled up in a friends 25' pontoon (he is very wealthy despite the crappy pontoon). It's also a nightmare to anchor...so everyone is watching us try to anchor a giant crappy 25' pontoon. But as soon as we rolled the 22' water mat out...we turned into the coolest fuckers on the water. If you have a pontoon...get a water mat. It's a total chick magnet.
                      Money doesn't buy common sense, the guys gunning it without un-tying is plain stupid. Kinda like being on the end, and having to slowly motor the line back into position. It takes a little experience, and alot more common sense. That's what's laughable about them scoffing at us tying up, we've been on the lake for over a decade, respect boats and property alot more than the rich fucks trying to "protect" their boat, and understand how to keep the line happy. We weren't in a $50k used Mastercraft or Moomba v-drive, so we weren't "one of them."

The water mat is a prime example, other than the stuck up boat owners, everybody at the cove is there to have a good time, regardless of how you got there.

Comment

We've taken our jet boat to Grapevine the last few days - mainly because Meadowmere park is in our backyard. We will be at Lewisville next weekend - without kids. Never been out there on the water. Grapevine is a nice laid back family lake.

I believe both have gars.

-Katrina
                        --Marcus

Comment

If you are going out with a family, you could also check out Joe Pool. It's usually a little more calm.

Comment

I'm not talking about alligator gars. I'm talking about actual gators. I keep hearing lewisville lake has had some sightings.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've seen a gator in Lewisville lake.

Sent from my iPhone killer!
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X