No announcement yet.

Unemployment Benefits question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now WHERE is that decoder ring of mine?? Ugh....

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
    My neighbors live in sandwich maker is / was a talented graphic artist . He met her online just before the big melt down .

She went on unemployment until she could no longer pay rent and moved in with him . He felt bad, would come over and say ..Jeez, wasn't ready for this level of commitment and of course. She drug along a cat, dog and a 7 year old .

I said , tell her to get a job " can't find one" I said BS she isn't looking .

Over and over he defended her then , benefits ran out and bingo, job that week .

Sad, she F'd off for 3 plus years and burnt thru all her savings, sold all her stuff Lucky she found a carp to buy her POS vehicle that she was laid away on .

He is much happier now , she seems to be as well

Comment

400/wk for doing jack shit? I'm in the wrong line of work.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
        400/wk for doing jack shit? I'm in the wrong line of work.
        Yes you are if you think 400/wk is anywhere near a decent income. In order to claim unemployment someone has to have worked and been let go, not fired.

A lot of you guys are not realizing that you're essentially paying for your own unemployment. If employers didn't have to contribute to UI, it would free up more money to pay employees (assuming the employer wants top talent). It is absolutely stupid to not claim unemployment if you are laid off and could use the money in any way.

Comment

Well the situation with the most recent job was fucked up. The short of it was - I was sick and could not make it to work... the lead mand cussed me out when I called to inform him I'd be late coming in. Called me a motherfucker and everything, then called the manager and told him just forget it, I wasn't wanted on site. Manager informed me I was terminated.

There was definitely responsibility on my part. I turned my phone off for the rest of the day, and the email I thought I'd sent to my manager was sitting in my drafts, never sent. Field work has a low tolerance for absence and tardiness, especially on Day 1 and 2 of the install, and furthermore being new to a team.

I definitely did not receive due processs, and the actions by management were done out of anger and retaliation. The whole thing was a shock to me, it makes me sick.

Comment

Working...
          X