Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    How were you getting two?

I thought you only got state unemployment benefits and they were reimbursed by the fed?

Unemployment insurance programs are governed by State governments and are funded by state, federal and private companies that pay employment tax. Ultimately, it comes to the state government to balance the checkbook, so the state has to decide the benefits maximum amount, duration, and eligibility to receive the benefits. For this reason, you notice that unemployment benefits largely vary by state.

oh and it's 392/mo now in Texas
    Wasn't getting two at once, i was just out of work for awhile.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

BTW, $415 is the max in TX.

Comment

You can always opt for no federal witholding and pay it at the end of the year.

Comment

My neighbors live in sandwich maker is / was a talented graphic artist . He met her online just before the big melt down .

She went on unemployment until she could no longer pay rent and moved in with him . He felt bad, would come over and say ..Jeez, wasn't ready for this level of commitment and of course. She drug along a cat, dog and a 7 year old .

I said , tell her to get a job " can't find one" I said BS she isn't looking .

Over and over he defended her then , benefits ran out and bingo, job that week .

Sad, she F'd off for 3 plus years and burnt thru all her savings, sold all her stuff Lucky she found a carp to buy her POS vehicle that she was laid away on .

He is much happier now , she seems to be as well

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
            My neighbors live in sandwich maker is / was a talented graphic artist . He met her online just before the big melt down .

She went on unemployment until she could no longer pay rent and moved in with him . He felt bad, would come over and say ..Jeez, wasn't ready for this level of commitment and of course. She drug along a cat, dog and a 7 year old .

I said , tell her to get a job " can't find one" I said BS she isn't looking .

Over and over he defended her then , benefits ran out and bingo, job that week .

Sad, she F'd off for 3 plus years and burnt thru all her savings, sold all her stuff Lucky she found a carp to buy her POS vehicle that she was laid away on .

He is much happier now , she seems to be as well
            I have no idea what was just said.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              you're eligible based upon how long you've been employeed period.

They take all employment history for the last year into account.

You'll get the max of 350ish a week before taxes.
              max benefit per week is $415, not $350.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                max benefit per week is $415, not $350.
                Finish reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  I have no idea what was just said.

Simple , find a job, don't expect the world to hand you money

Comment

Who alluded to that?

Comment

Finish reading.
                      Cliffs notes....

$408

Comment

Who alluded to that?

"If I worked at company A for 2 years, and was laid off, then within 2 weeks went to work for company B, and worked there for 2 weeks and was laid off....

.... am I eligible for unemployment benefits through either company? If so, which one?

I always thought that you had to be employed for at least 30 days before you were eligible for unemployment benefits, but I'm not positive.

Thanks much.. "

The original post

Comment

$415 a week that's a king's ransom. I remember when I was on unemployment about ten years ago and I think I got about $280. I might have to look into that line of work!
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            $415 a week that's a king's ransom. I remember when I was on unemployment about ten years ago and I think I got about $280. I might have to look into that line of work!
                            I can't wait for next Friday, $830 all up in my checking account. $30 on ramen noodles and then make it rain at the skrip club.

Comment

"If I worked at company A for 2 years, and was laid off, then within 2 weeks went to work for company B, and worked there for 2 weeks and was laid off....

.... am I eligible for unemployment benefits through either company? If so, which one?

I always thought that you had to be employed for at least 30 days before you were eligible for unemployment benefits, but I'm not positive.

Thanks much.. "

The original post

Dude, going on unemployment benefits doesn't mean that someone "expects the world to hand them money." It is used as supplemental income between jobs.

Some people need to learn to know when to shut the fuck up. Especially when their ignorance is balls-out on a public forum.

Comment

The world isn't necessarily handing you anything when you're on unemployment. Your (former) employer paid into the system so that you could receive that benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X