New Freebirds in Grapevine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Freebirds in Grapevine!

It's so loud in there that you can't hear yourself think, you have to shout your order and it's overrun with filthy hipsters. I was expecting the girl who walked up to me as I walked in to ask me if I had any spare change when she asked what I would like to drink instead. I guess they do all that to take your mind off of the mediocre food. This was my second and probably last visit to a Freebirds establishment. I don't see the attraction.

Freebirds food is 100000 times better than Chipotle. Their queso is damn good, all of their food, salsas, and toppings are fresh made in house.

But I agree on the "look how cool we are with our funky tshirts, tattoos, crazy hair, and loud music" vibe they have going on now.

Reminds me of Joe's Crab Shack in the 90s.

Comment

decent burrito, shitty environment

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        Freebirds food is 100000 times better than Chipotle. Their queso is damn good, all of their food, salsas, and toppings are fresh made in house.

But I agree on the "look how cool we are with our funky tshirts, tattoos, crazy hair, and loud music" vibe they have going on now.

Reminds me of Joe's Crab Shack in the 90s.
        So Elvis loves it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
          So Elvis loves it then?
          I can't even get him to go to hooters anymore!

Comment

Only gripe about the food part is the rice... shit tastes like what i can get at taco bell..... outside of that all other toppings/meats tasted really good.

the environment you guys said is spot on..... im gettin too damn old

Comment

eh I had the same experience when I went to try Five Guys burgers in Hurst. Couldn't even hear the lady call out the order numbers for pick up. That place is way over priced.

Comment

it's just rice.

white with cilantro, or white with tomato sauce.

Comment

it's just rice.

white with cilantro, or white with tomato sauce.
                  you did not just say that............... there is a HUGE difference, real messican rice FTMFW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    you did not just say that............... there is a HUGE difference, real messican rice FTMFW!!
                    Yes and no.

They aren't making spanish rice for a side dish, just as a filler for a burrito.

Even then, really good spanish rice is the easiest thing to make.

Saute white onion in oil
                    saute rice in onion and oil
                    add water
                    add Korr's Caldo de Tomate con Sabor de Pollo

Done

Comment

I try my best to avoid that area period because it's giant clusterfuck, but I found it interesting as I used their parking lot to cut across to Freebirds that the Tilted Kilt was a ghost town. I'm talking not a single car in the lot, like they were closed. Something tells me they aren't going to be around much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                        I try my best to avoid that area period because it's giant clusterfuck, but I found it interesting as I used their parking lot to cut across to Freebirds that the Tilted Kilt was a ghost town. I'm talking not a single car in the lot, like they were closed. Something tells me they aren't going to be around much longer.
                        I've never been, but I heard their food sucks.

At least Twin Peaks has decent food for a Breastaurant

Comment

Yes and no.

They aren't making spanish rice for a side dish, just as a filler for a burrito.

Even then, really good spanish rice is the easiest thing to make.

Saute white onion in oil
                          saute rice in onion and oil
                          add water
                          add Korr's Caldo de Tomate con Sabor de Pollo

Done
                          I see your point about the filler.......

ill have to try your recipe... cause I read that and really really sad..... ours is similar but i use fresh tomatoes and tomato sauce and not knorr caldo de tomate..... just chicken broth.

Comment

Which Tilted Kilt are you talking about? I know my car club has a M&G every Wed. evening at the one in Lewisville.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrone biggums View Post
                              it's so loud in there that you can't hear yourself think, you have to shout your order and it's overrun with filthy hipsters. I was expecting the girl who walked up to me as i walked in to ask me if i had any spare change when she asked what i would like to drink instead. I guess they do all that to take your mind off of the mediocre food. This was my second and probably last visit to a freebirds establishment. I don't see the attraction.
                              exactly!

Comment

Working...
                              X