Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President announces deal to boost fuel economy (lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President announces deal to boost fuel economy (lol)

As if the price of new cars isn't high enough, lets set a new requirement to make them insane. I guess we will be all driving electric pods in ten years.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Ushering in the largest decrease in auto fuel consumption since the 1970s, President Barack Obama and automobile manufacturers Friday announced a deal that will save drivers money at the pump and dramatically cut heat-trapping gases coming from tailpipes.

The agreement pledges to double overall fuel economy to 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025, bringing major under-the-hood changes for the nation's automobiles starting in model year 2017. Cars and trucks on the road today average 27 miles per gallon.
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Watch vehicle manufactures starts to pick up motorcycle companies. Sell an F-150, give a vespa, avg fuel economy = 62mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Watch vehicle manufactures starts to pick up motorcycle companies. Sell an F-150, give a vespa, avg fuel economy = 62mpg.
      Genius.

"this F150 package gets an average of 62 miles per gallon"

Next we will have park and ride parking lots right off the highways. Park your truck, unload the vespa and scoot on into town.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Damn, I better make a decision on the Mustang GT soon with this shit coming up.

I have nothing against this btw, but better enjoy it now if this indeed happens this soon.

Comment

very true

get a few methods to deliver 60, 70 mpg then boom, keep your trucks.

Comment

OK, I don't understand something.

Why does the story say ", President Barack Obama and automobile manufacturers Friday announced a deal "?

WTF, Why are the automobile manufacturers getting to bargain on the whole deal? Why doesn't the government just tell them what to do?

Maybe I am short sighted or small minded but why would we have the companies we are trying to force to make improvements on their product have a say in what they do and do not want to do? Tell them what it needs to be, don't let them have any input damn it.

Comment

The only problem I have with this is that the government is telling the manufacturers what to make. Let the consumer tell the manufacturers what to make.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Why does the story say ", President Barack Obama and automobile manufacturers Friday announced a deal "?

WTF, Why are the automobile manufacturers getting to bargain on the whole deal? Why doesn't the government just tell them what to do?

Maybe I am short sighted or small minded but why would we have the companies we are trying to force to make improvements on their product have a say in what they do and do not want to do? Tell them what it needs to be, don't let them have any input damn it.
                Because if they didn't work together, the government would say, "You need to make cars that 1000 mpg starting in 10 years. Even though the technology doesn't exist.

By working together they can make reasonable demands, versus typical government BS.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                  Damn, I better make a decision on the Mustang GT soon with this shit coming up.

I have nothing against this btw, but better enjoy it now if this indeed happens this soon.
                  Yeah, given the current state of our nation and the economy.. you'd better make a decision to buy that new car quick!

Comment

Since when has this ever been about saving money for the people?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      Because if they didn't work together, the government would say, "You need to make cars that 1000 mpg starting in 10 years. Even though the technology doesn't exist.

By working together they can make reasonable demands, versus typical government BS.
                      I do think the auto makers fucked themselves by not staying ahead of the curve. There is really no good reason that they can't create vehicles that get decent mileage, unless (enter conspiracy dragon) the auto makers are held hostage by the oil companies.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Because this isn't Russia? The government shouldn't have it's nose in private companies, the demands of the gov due to safety I understand, but all these requirements are one of the things that make cars stupid-expensive. The gov is going to force them to make some 1500 pound egg that gets 100 mpg, zero emissions and still has a crash-test rating of a Volvo AND still have a range of a normal gasoline powered car. They might as well be designing an interplanetary spaceship.

The reason the car manufacturers are for this shit is because the will get to charge for all of it, it will make them money. Get ready for a $50,000 compact car.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Fucking retarded. Save money at the pump, get ass raped on your monthly car payment. I remember the last few months of Bush's term I was saving money at the pump. Why? Because it was $2.00/gallon.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I do think the auto makers fucked themselves by not staying ahead of the curve. There is really no good reason that they can't create vehicles that get decent mileage, unless (enter conspiracy dragon) the auto makers are held hostage by the oil companies.
                            Well of course they are.

The next part of my comment was going to be about how corrupt the House and Senate are, and a lot of hubub about the illegal activities that center around lobbying in general

But no one wants to hear all of that

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              Well of course they are.

The next part of my comment was going to be about how corrupt the House and Senate are, and a lot of hubub about the illegal activities that center around lobbying in general

But no one wants to hear all of that
                              Hopefully they'll work on this after I'm in office and have made millions!...umm..from good investments.

Comment

Working...
                              X