Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted View Post
    Is he mad Elvis?
    just dont mention pizza hut, i dont need that other fool in here ripping heads off!!!!!! lulz

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      Is he mad Elvis?

Comment

Party City has sombreros, heck Target probably has them. I'm heading down this weekend to float with some friends as well. Not sure which river yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitegts View Post
          I went to Don's a few weeks ago, and let me tell you it was busy. The float was nice and the river was not too packed, but getting in and then waiting to ride a bus to be dropped off was a 1-1/2 hour wait.

I'd get there before 12 forsure...
          We got there at 11:30 last Saturday. Took about 30 minutes between when we parked and when we were at the drop-off point. Funny thing is that where the road splits off into the parking area, it drops off about 2 feet, this kid in a newer v6 mustang thought he could make it down to the lower area. Car got stuck with only one front wheel on the ground. Me and three other people had to help him get unstuck. I really wish I would've brought my phone with me. The girl in the passenger seat was so embarassed.

Jason, if you're looking for more of a party atmosphere, Don's is by far the way to go. If you're bringing kids, do the Comal. If not though, avoid that place like the plague.

It's $5 a person to park, and $10 a person for a tube and ride to the dropoff. $12 if you need a cooler tube.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'll be at dons this weekend. Ready to party!!!

Comment

Daisy Dukes!

Comment

beer, sunscreen, cash, water shoes, and some form of a water proof container. they sell them there but you might find a cooler/cheaper one around here. the one i got there holds cigs, little cash/card, and a lighter. DO NOT forget to use sunscreen on the tops of your feet, you will thank me later. everybody forgets and then they hang their feet on that tube for hours just baking.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  We got there at 11:30 last Saturday. Took about 30 minutes between when we parked and when we were at the drop-off point...
                  That sounds about right. We got there at 2-2:30...BTW Did you notice the pile of cans at the end of the float...CRAZY
                  2012 Mustang GT 6/MT

Comment

Appreciate all the tips guys. We're gonna get down there tomorrow probably right around 1 o'clock and give Don's a try. We're planning on floating again on Saturday morning and may try something new, or might go back to Don's. We'll see. My buddys (JB&S) are playing Saturday night at the River Road Icehouse and I think a few of those guys and their wives/girlfriends are going to join us, so they may have a spot they wanna check out. Don's sounds right up my alley though.

We're staying in New Braunfels...any dinner recommendations?? I've never been down there.

GOOD CALL on Party City by the way! Turns out there's one right by my house too. This little dude is ready for the river!

Comment

If the water is low, make sure you rent the inner tube with the bottom. The strap in a piece of plywood as a seat. Your ass will thank you for it when everyone else is getting drug across rocks.
                      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                        We're staying in New Braunfels...any dinner recommendations?? I've never been down there.
                        Gristmill or Gruene River Grill.

Gruene River Grill has a badass ribeye with balsamic glaze that is the shit.

Comment

when i float i drive up to tahlequah oklahoma(bout 4 hours from dallas) and float the illinois river

instead of using a tube you float with 4 to 6 people in a raft. i have never floated a river on a tube, only a raft. pretty much every single person that i have talked to that have floated both say the raft floating is waaay better. you can move around in a raft and are not limited to 2 positions like the tube, you can carry huge ice chests inside the rafts easily, and you can even stand up straight to stretch

after floating the river on a raft multiple times and hearing the stories about floating on a tube i doubt i will ever go the tube route

oh and there are no issues with police. i have been there 4 times and once they had cops randomly checking rafts for glass bottles/underage drinking/etc. and that was only in one spot at the beginning of the float

just throwing that out there...

Comment

Rafts are not better than a tube really. It's about like comparing a pickup to a car...they serve different purposes. I like both, and a tube much more so for chilling and drinking.

Comment

Unwrapped bag of Baby Ruths dropped in the water just before the first shoot. Hilarity will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
                                If the water is low, make sure you rent the inner tube with the bottom. The strap in a piece of plywood as a seat. Your ass will thank you for it when everyone else is getting drug across rocks.
                                If it ever gets shallow enough for that, it's probably time to stand up and shotgun a beer.
                                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                                X