First Float Trip - Tips/Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Float Trip - Tips/Advice?

Headed down to float the Comal River this weekend. Never been there before, so looking for tips from those that have.

Any "must see" spots/bars/restaurants?

Anything that I need to make sure to bring, other than beer and sunscreen?

On that note, anyone know a place that sells sombreros??

Don't get out of the river to piss.

Comment

Keep the music and the noise down. The Comal is flooded with cops and is in all honesty a huge buzzkill. You should think about going here instead. Much better place. Just be sure to get there before noon or you'll be waiting in line for a while. Floated there this past Saturday.

Specialties: It doesn't get much better than floating lazily along the river with all your closest friends with the sun shining and a cold drink in hand. At Don's Fish Camp, we've been offering just that type of experience to folks all over Central Texas since 1990. Enjoying a day with us on the river is as easy as buying your passes, heading to Don's supply shop for all your float supply needs, and hopping on our shuttle to head up river. From there, it's all about relaxation, fun, and taking in the beautiful scenery on the San Marcos River. See you on the water! Established in 1990. Don's Fish Camp is home to "The Best Float in Texas". We have been in business for 15 years renting tubes to floaters from all over Texas and beyond. We offer tube rentals, kayak rentals, and shuttle pickup from your home directly to the San Marcos River. We also offer a variety of merchandise available on site.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Make sure and wear some kind of footwear

Comment

maybe you and your biker boyz could pull a "shutdown" on 35 on your way down there??

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

X2 on the footwear, and don't wear sunglasses u don't want to lose cause going down the first shoot it a bitch, with that said once u go down that first shoot stay to ur left hand side so u don't get sucked under the little waterfall

Originally posted by DOHCTR
            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

maybe they could shut down the river by doing some sweet whoolies!!!

Comment

You pretty much nailed it with beer and sunscreen. Enough of those two, and the rest is just extra. Oh, sunglasses are always a plus.
                .223 > 911

Comment

i fucking hate the river when the 4 hour trip turns in to 10! i dont really drink so i guess that why i didn't have fun pulling everyone cause i was ready to leave!

Comment

And don't do what I did one time, seeing as when your going swimming u only put the sun screen on ur back and shoulders I forgot about my stomach.... Was the worst mistake I ever did

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Thanks for the tip...prob gonna check out Dons instead of the Comal. The reviews sound more like what we're looking for.

Just me and my girl going, so no river shutdowns. But you can go fuck yourself, since you brought it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                        Thanks for the tip...prob gonna check out Dons instead of the Comal. The reviews sound more like what we're looking for.

Just me and my girl going, so no river shutdowns. But you can go fuck yourself, since you brought it up.

haha! calm down hardass.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Calmer than you are Dude...lol

Comment

I went to Don's a few weeks ago, and let me tell you it was busy. The float was nice and the river was not too packed, but getting in and then waiting to ride a bus to be dropped off was a 1-1/2 hour wait.

I'd get there before 12 forsure...
                            2012 Mustang GT 6/MT

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              haha! calm down hardass.

god bless.
                              Is he mad Elvis?

Comment

Working...
                              X