Worried about Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about Cancer

So I've had some pain in my upper back on my spine between my shoulders for a few months now. So I went to get an MRI yesterday of the whole spine (I have L4 & L5 issues for 3 yrs now). I put the disc in my laptop and take a look, well when the upper back pics come up it shows the lungs as well. I see this white "smear" but it also looks like I may have moved a little and that could have caused it. The MRI lady said she thought I fell asleep because she saw me breathing harder for a few mins. the smear kind of ripples outward at one point on the scan which to me looks like interference. Anyone here an MRI tech? I am 41 yrs old and have smoked since I was 16......until today. I'm terrified to say anything to my wife until I see the doc. I also have a 4 yr old son and it is taking everything I have to keep a smile on my face right now. I am terrified. Please keep me in your prayers.

It's not a tumah !
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Go see a doctor. Don't play guessing games.

Comment

How about using this as an opportunity to stop fucking smoking since you got a four year old that needs you? No matter whether you have cancer or not.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          How about using this as an opportunity to stop fucking smoking since you got a four year old that needs you? No matter whether you have cancer or not.
          $50 says he starts smoking again when/if he realizes it's nothing.

Comment

I'll smoke to that! Oh wait...
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

X2

don't be selfish little man is going to need you no matter what...

Comment

To further add, if you smoke in front of your kid it's highly likely he'll start smoking as well. Take it from an ex-smoker of 20 years, stop while you can.

Comment

you should have gotten a report with the scan.

and fuck a bunch of smoking .

Comment

I don't understand why people continue to smoke knowing the outcome. It isn't even a risk, it's an inevitability.

Go see a dr and best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      I don't understand why people continue to smoke knowing the outcome. It isn't even a risk, it's an inevitability.

Go see a dr and best of luck.
                      And at my age I should know better, I know, it's embarrasing. I was on a good roll a few years ago workig out every day and eating better, pretty much stopped smoking then went through some bad stress and pick the fucking things up again. I hate them and wish they would take them off the goddamn shelves. I vow today to put them down and start living again,evven if it's bad news. Years get away from you and you get stuck in the same bad routines every day with out thinking. Smoking was just one of the things that killed my father in February. Fear is the best motivator, unfortunatley sometimes that fear comes too late. The more I look at the MRI the more it looks like interference but it's scaring the shit out of me enough to make a change.

Comment

It's not that hard to quit tobacco...just ask yourself why you're even smoking. Does it really even do anything for you? Are there any positives?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          It's not that hard to quit tobacco...just ask yourself why you're even smoking. Does it really even do anything for you? Are there any positives?
                          Nothing !!! None !!! The only benefit for me is that it can help releive stress or they taste good after a meal and while drinking. Other than that, it cost more than weed (most weed anyways), does nothing to get you "high" and pretty much offends everybody these days and makes your clothes and car stink.

I am trying to quit, I think I am going to order one of those electric cigs to help me get off these things. At least that will give something to do with my hands, as that is a big part of it for me.

OP, I hope you continue to not smoke even when you get your negative (no cancer) results back.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                            Nothing !!! None !!! The only benefit for me is that it can help releive stress or they taste good after a meal and while drinking. Other than that, it cost more than weed (most weed anyways), does nothing to get you "high" and pretty much offends everybody these days and makes your clothes and car stink.

I am trying to quit, I think I am going to order one of those electric cigs to help me get off these things. At least that will give something to do with my hands, as that is a big part of it for me.

OP, I hope you continue to not smoke even when you get your negative (no cancer) results back.
                            Just ordered one myself. Look in to the ego t by vapor escense (yes I know, but that's how it is spelled). $89ish bucks for two e cigs, a month worth of liquid, charger, etc. The ones that use cartridges are expensive for the cartridges. The liquid is like $25, and lasts a month to a month and a half.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Just ordered one myself. Look in to the ego t by vapor escense (yes I know, but that's how it is spelled). $89ish bucks for two e cigs, a month worth of liquid, charger, etc. The ones that use cartridges are expensive for the cartridges. The liquid is like $25, and lasts a month to a month and a half.
                              that's what I have been hearing. Isn't that liquid nicotine drops or something like that ?

I'll look at vapor escense, thanks
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X