Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who invites other people to come to a kids bday party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who invites other people to come to a kids bday party?

Today my boy turned 4 so this evening we are just having a little party here with just family and one friend of my wife whom we treat like family. We plan to have a bigger party with parents and kids on Saturday. Her kids are with their Dad this month, so it would just be her coming which is fine. Its one thing she needs a ride, but then she invited one of her friends whom my wife has met only once and does not have any kids to come too and she wanted me to pick them both up. As nicely as I could tell her, this was for family only and that its not really appropriate to go inviting someone I don't know or barely know without asking us first. "Well I didn't think it would be a big deal...blah blah blah...Jen already met her....blah blah" like trying to guilt me.

I don't care. "I" don't know her and this isn't an open invite. I told her it would be fine if they want to come over and have a hen party some other time, but just not tonight. rant off

Let your wife handle her friends.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

They must be pumping estrogen into the water lately.

Comment

How do women make friends in the kitchen?

Comment

i wouldnt give a shit who comes to the party, but.................. i slap hard enough that she would never tell me to go pick up her broke ass friends.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Dude, you are probably going a bit overboard.

Comment

I'm with the OP..... you invite a friend that's cool but then the bitch wants to invite someone to a party that she isnt even throwing??? not cool..... it's like you being asked to give someone's number.... its not your place to do that.

Comment

can u say 4 way possibility?
                first class white trash

Comment

Had some random people show up at my party this weekend - but i was too drunk to care. Oh well, we all had a good time anyways. why such a negative nancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    I'm with the OP..... you invite a friend that's cool but then the bitch wants to invite someone to a party that she isnt even throwing??? not cool..... it's like you being asked to give someone's number.... its not your place to do that.
                    I would think that would be more of an issue with, say, a wedding. Where you are probably paying for that person to eat and drink, not a birthday party.

Now, if this is at your home, then I would get a little upset. I don't like people I don't know in my home.

Comment

As long as they don't drink your beer, who gives a god damn?

Bunch of antisocials in here.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        I would think that would be more of an issue with, say, a wedding. Where you are probably paying for that person to eat and drink, not a birthday party.

Now, if this is at your home, then I would get a little upset. I don't like people I don't know in my home.
                        Dunno guess I'm just weird like that..... it's not your deal so who are you to invite other people..... unless I tell you it's ok to do so.

Comment

if it were any other kind of party, or maybe if she caught me in a better mood, I might not mind as much, but its the principle. Ask me 1st before you just tell me you are bringing someone. Besides, I know that her , her friend, and her boyfriend do not have cars and do not drive. She has a disability so I know her situation, not the others. I don't want to start that slippery slope of becoming a taxi. Besides I am having to drive across town to pick up my Mom.

Comment

We need pics to see if it's ok to invite her.
                            Originally posted by Nash B.
                            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

Yeah, due to the heat, its just indoor and low key with the grandmas and aunts my wife and kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X