Quick Differed Disposition ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Differed Disposition ?'s

Got a ticket this am in Ft. Worth that can be settled through a Deferred Disposition. My question is...... are these handled by the city or the State? It says that I can not have had another deffered ticket for the last 12 months, is that just in Ft Worth or the entire state?

( I know, I know, "Stop Breaking The Law Asshole!")
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Used to be the city you got it in. Not sure now... So yeah, useless post.

Comment

Do you mean Deferred Adjudication?

And typically it is by county. I had one I deferred in Caddo Mills (Hunt Co.) and couldn't get a ticket in that county or my home county (Rockwall) for 6 mo. I had deferred in three counties at once one summer while I was in college.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Do you mean Deferred Adjudication?

And typically it is by county. I had one I deferred in Caddo Mills (Hunt Co.) and couldn't get a ticket in that county or my home county (Rockwall) for 6 mo. I had deferred in three counties at once one summer while I was in college.
        Department to department is different. If Dallas county gave you a deferred one week and you got a ticket in Duncanville (still Dallas County) the next day you could still defer the DVille one. Each court basically keeps your ticket in a file and there would be no way to comunicate that with the other places without a ton of work.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Is defensive driving off the table? James Mallory can probably help you if so. http://www.jamesmallory.com/

As long as it was FWPD it'll go through the Tarranty County court system. If it were one of the smaller departments, from a trooper or a constable it could go to a JP court. If so get a lawyer and appeal it to county, otherwise you might as well just pay the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Department to department is different. If Dallas county gave you a deferred one week and you got a ticket in Duncanville (still Dallas County) the next day you could still defer the DVille one. Each court basically keeps your ticket in a file and there would be no way to comunicate that with the other places without a ton of work.
            Would you think Haltom City and Ft. Worth are in contact to share this info?

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Is defensive driving off the table? James Mallory can probably help you if so. http://www.jamesmallory.com/

As long as it was FWPD it'll go through the Tarranty County court system. If it were one of the smaller departments, from a trooper or a constable it could go to a JP court. If so get a lawyer and appeal it to county, otherwise you might as well just pay the ticket.
            Yes, Defensive Driving is off the table, I took it back in January.

Comment

Talk to a traffic lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
                Would you think Haltom City and Ft. Worth are in contact to share this info?

Yes, Defensive Driving is off the table, I took it back in January.
                I doubt it but maybe Matt would know.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I think that it is now normal business hours. You could, um, call the court and ask them instead of DFWM.

I know it's a crazy idea, but it just might work.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
                    Got a ticket this am in Ft. Worth that can be settled through a Deferred Disposition. My question is...... are these handled by the city or the State? It says that I can not have had another deffered ticket for the last 12 months, is that just in Ft Worth or the entire state?

( I know, I know, "Stop Breaking The Law Asshole!")
                    it's anywhere...

back in the day the courts used to not report to each other very well, so i would have a deferred ticket going in just about every county in DFW! LOL
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Call a traffic lawyer. Shorterned probation period, reduced fee (so even after adding the lawyer fee, you're still breaking even or saving money), and you can use this avenue multiple times per year, if needed. In most cases, they can keep you from having to show up at all, and in some cases, they can get the whole thing dismissed. There is no downside.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you guys! I certainly appreciate all the help!

Comment

I used to date a bipolar girl and her disposition quickly differed.....

Comment

I was told in Frisco that it's by court when I went to pay for Deferred Adjudication.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

depends on the jurisdiction.

I just got a ticket in Hillsboro so I asked the county clerk when i called. She said, and I'm having her send it to me in writing, that I only need to go 90 days without getting another ticket in Hillsboro in order to complete the Deferred Adjudication.

Contact the court and ask what their policy is, how hard is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X