X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone down to make a church?

'Church' owner says First Amendment shields clubs

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

DALLAS — Glenn Hudson appeared in court on Tuesday to answer some questions about his controversial clubs: The DarkSide and The Playground.

News 8 caught up with him outside the courtroom. Hudson denied that he's operating a swingers club and a rave club.

"No, ma'am," he said. "We have outreach programs that are catering to the youth and disadvantaged people in the communities trying to provide an alternative to what currently exists, which are drug-infested."

But the City of Dallas says it's The DarkSide that is drug-infested. Police sent in undercover officers and allege they saw drug sales.

At The Playground, police said they found evidence of a swingers club.

The city has alleged that Hudson is trying to avoid tax laws by operating clubs as churches. "I don't have any knowledge of that," he said.

Both locations have a certificate of occupancy suitable for a church, mosque or synagogue.

After monitoring both clubs around the clock, the is trying to shut the clubs down. Hudson says that violates his constitutional rights.

"First Amendment, freedom of religion," he said. "Just because they don't agree with what we believe in."

But Assistant City Attorney Melissa Miles asserts that there is no mistaking what it taking place at The DarkSide and The Playground. "There are no religious activities," she said.

Hudson claims to be a minister. Police believe he was ordained through a Web site.

News 8 tried to ask Hudson more about his ministry, but he blessed us and refused to answer any more questions.

The city did convince a judge to temporarily shut down The Playground, but The DarkSide is still open for business.

There will be a hearing on August 3 to determine if the city can close down both of the clubs permanently.

I hope they somehow tie John Wiley Price to this guy. If nothing else he'll figure out a way to get some free cars.

Comment

i am, but not if we accept the fat chicks in fuzzy boots like i saw on the news last night.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        i am, but not if we accept the fat chicks in fuzzy boots like i saw on the news last night.

god bless.
        Pastors can't be choosers. Take what the lord giveth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Pastors can't be choosers. Take what the lord giveth.
          NO.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

god bless.
            You sure it wasn't a pack of wooly mammoths...lol
            Big Rooster Racing
            85' Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

NO.

god bless.
              The lord shall strike you down for your unacceptance of his wooly mammoth love.

Comment

I ranked high in a career test as a preacher...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  I ranked high in a career test as a preacher...
                  Can you throw hellashish parties, provide massive amounts of x, and alcohol?

Comment

Hudson claims to be a minister. Police believe he was ordained through a Web site.
                    He must be one of my fellow clergymen from the Universal Life Church!

Comment

I'm an Ordained Minister. You guys need a front man?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        I'm an Ordained Minister. You guys need a front man?
                        I am not so sure it is a good idea to have so many ministers. There won't be enough hoes for the rest of us.

Comment

I am not so sure it is a good idea to have so many ministers. There won't be enough hoes for the rest of us.

Not sure how that is MY problem...

Comment

Glory holes have 2 sides man.. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              He must be one of my fellow clergymen from the Universal Life Church!
                              Fellow ULC reverend checking in.

Comment

Working...
                              X