No announcement yet.

HELLLPPPP.. im stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

860 bucks for just a battery and an alternator, or is that "fixing" the PATS issue too?

Comment

Damn that was a fucked up attitude on that service tech.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

If it's under warranty, make them fix the alternator and PATS, then have them push the fucker out in the parking lot then you can put a battery in it yourself and save $800

Comment

good thing you listened to everyone that said it was the battery

you can put a battery and alternator in your truck..its easy. Did they say the PATS was crapped out? It really just sounds like a battery problem (which might have been killed by a bad alternator)

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
            update..

second key did not work.. truck got towed to five star ford in carrolton.. i feel like i'm getting dicked down but im kind of between a rock and a hard place. service adviser says the they "disabled" the alarm, then tried to jump it but the battery and alternator are KAPUT. called back with a quote of $860 to fix it. i said i'd call him back.

called back to ask if he got my note that i left ON THE DASH about needing to get the truck inspected, cigarette lighter working and a rear tail lamp (not a bulb issue) fixed. his first response was "oh i saw that piece of paper with my name on it but i just threw it away (?). Look, chief, how much are you trying to spend?"

i hate new cars
            FWIW..I think they are completely full of shit. I wish I had 10 minutes with that truck with my code scanner, DVM, and battery tester.

And why are they giving you cost estimates for repairs if the vehicle is under warranty? Oh, and contact the GM for that dealership and report the service adviser you spoke with. Tell him that you felt his comments were quite unprofessional and reflect poorly upon the dealership. Last time I did that I got a nice letter and free oil changes.

Good luck.

Comment

If the alt is bad, it would tale out the battery. I would guess $400 on the high side if you needed a battery and alt and that is if you put a $200 battery in it.

Comment

Rodney, you're looking at $300 probably to replace both of those yourself, and have better than Ford warranties. You could fix that yourself easy. Put a battery in it at the dealer, drive it back to the house and replace the alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Rodney, you're looking at $300 probably to replace both of those yourself, and have better than Ford warranties. You could fix that yourself easy. Put a battery in it at the dealer, drive it back to the house and replace the alternator.
                  And I'll give you a hand if you need it Black N Wild!

Comment

I can see maybe $200 more on top of parts for labor. I'm not sure what the labor rate at dealers is these days, but I thought it was around $80-$85ish. Perhaps he also charged him without the core too. Either way, it's not close to what he was quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      I can see maybe $200 more on top of parts for labor. I'm not sure what the labor rate at dealers is these days, but I thought it was around $80-$85ish. Perhaps he also charged him without the core too. Either way, it's not close to what he was quoted.

110-120 labor rate is more like it. 80-85 is private shop rate. Really more like 95-100.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        update..

second key did not work.. truck got towed to five star ford in carrolton.. i feel like i'm getting dicked down but im kind of between a rock and a hard place. service adviser says the they "disabled" the alarm, then tried to jump it but the battery and alternator are KAPUT. called back with a quote of $860 to fix it. i said i'd call him back.

called back to ask if he got my note that i left ON THE DASH about needing to get the truck inspected, cigarette lighter working and a rear tail lamp (not a bulb issue) fixed. his first response was "oh i saw that piece of paper with my name on it but i just threw it away (?). Look, chief, how much are you trying to spend?"

i hate new cars
                        That advisor sounds like a dick. Given it's not up to the advisor on what the estimate is, he should recognize a B.S. estimate and bring it up to the tech or the manager first. Doesn't sound like the main problem is an alternator or battery. He should've addressed that problem first.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                        X