X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric up $100 to $381 for 2700' at 74 24/7
    Water up $120 watering every day- stopped that to every other day

Comment

We can't get our house cooler than 80* until about midnight, then if finally starts to cool off. Both units seen to run non-stop.
      Thinking of radiant barrier or the spray in foam on underside of roof and in the walls.
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Check the filters on your returns, if you arent diligent about changing them frequently. It makes a huge difference on the efficiency of the HVAC system.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
          We can't get our house cooler than 80* until about midnight, then if finally starts to cool off. Both units seen to run non-stop.
          Thinking of radiant barrier or the spray in foam on underside of roof and in the walls.
          All of the above.

Our house is very efficient. We have about 17% shade throughout the day. Our garage takes the bulk of our sunlight. We have been over 100* for over a month.

Comment

Mine went up from around 90 to 170 this last bill. 2000 sq ft
            76 during day - 73 at night.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
              My June '11 KWh was 65% higher than June '10. July statement should be here next week.
              Well I was hoping it was just our unit, but I guess the heat is just that bad. Thanks for the info.
              Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
              Man, i guess I'm not the only one, although I am sorry you have to live like that also. Compared to soldier in Afghanistan and Iraq we still have it good though so I definitely appreciate what I do have. I am going to seriously investigate radiant barrier and all the different types of insulation when we get a house.
              Originally posted by Baron View Post
              Check the filters on your returns, if you arent diligent about changing them frequently. It makes a huge difference on the efficiency of the HVAC system.
              We are pretty good about that, or at least my wife is. Her dad owns an AC Company and I worked with him for a summer so we have both had that beat into our heads. That is about the only thing we can do to keep the unit running well, so we try our best to do that.

I guess we are just going to have to stick it out. I hate learning lessons the hard way, but I know when I buy a house I am going to look at tree cover and how the sun will hit it, that is for sure.
              "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
              -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
              X