No announcement yet.

Plumbers, I need help in the worst way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbers, I need help in the worst way.

I hate asking for help but dont know what else to do any more. My water bill a couple months ago was 4 times its normal cost. I searched and thought I found the leak outside and repaired the line in back. Turns out it was only one of the leaks and there is another under the house. House is a mobile and about 18" off the ground. Unfortunatly I have no expertise in this and cant really get under the house.
    I have a very bad hernia and back. Just bending over pushes the hernia out and that sends my back into spasmns. I am also flat ass broke. I have the house and property up for sale for almost half its ACV. I also put my car up for sale to pay for a plumber but havent had any bites.
    I only turn the water on long enough to shower and fill the toiletts but the leak has gotten so bad that there is almost no water pressure at all now and even with the water being on maybe an hour a day I still lose 31,000 gallons a month.

I need help in the worst way and am in the middle of nowhere.
    All I can offer is that I can pay whatever the costs are to fix plus a little extra when the car or house sells if someone can fix the leak now.
    I hate to ask for this help, alwyas hated to ask for help and was always the one helping others but I am in a bad way right now.

With this heat and the fact the houses AC cant drop it below 84* during these hot days it would be nice to even take a cold shower at will to help cool down.

Damn sob stories.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Not to sound like an ass but, if you can afford internet you can afford to pay a plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      Not to sound pike an ass but, if you can afford internet you can afford to pay a plumber.
      I post from work... maybe he is too? Don't get all assumptive when you have no clue what the deal is

LaserSVT, call my cell 817-891-3918 ... I think I can get you the help you need.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Not to sound like an ass but, if you can afford internet you can afford to pay a plumber.
        Sometimes plumbers are damn expensive. I am sure this issue would dwarf his internet expense.

Comment

Internet hasnt been paid in two months. I am waiting for it, the phone and tv to be cut off. I have never in my life been late on any of them so Verizon, Hughes and Direct have all been very nice in allowing a delayed payment.
          I dont even drive my car cause the insurance lapsed.
          Sold all my toys to pay electricity and water bills.
          Went to Salvation Army to get food.
          Stopped taking my liver and back meds cause I cant afford them.
          Cant work (mechanic) untill I can have the hernia fixed cause it cripples me.
          Cant afford the Interfuron treatment Drs say I need to live past a few more years.

So there, thats my crap poker hand I am dealing with for all to see.

Anything else you would like to point out?
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Well then if he has a job stop posting on the internet and get to work. Then you can make money to pay the plumber.

Or get a 2nd job. Where there is a will there is a way imho.

You know this jugz.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
              I post from work... maybe he is too? Don't get all assumptive when you have no clue what the deal is

LaserSVT, call my cell 817-891-3918 ... I think I can get you the help you need.
              I wish I was working. Got layed off a little while back and the two towns near me are tiny and dying, nobody is hireing which is why I have the property up for sale so I can get surgery and open my own shop in Dallas or Waco.

Comment

Well, you are doing a good job of it.

Things happen suddenly and I doubt the $20 - $30 a month would pay a plumber to even show up.

Comment

After reading your last post I apologize. Most of the time these stories are just that stories. I don't feel sorry for many people as most of the time they created the problem. Good luck getting the help you need.

Comment

Well that backfired. LOL

Comment

After reading your last post I apologize. Most of the time these stories are just that stories. I don't feel sorry for many people as most of the time they created the problem. Good luck getting the help you need.
                      One of many reasons I hate to ask for help. I have always been the type that if I cant afford it then I do without. I dont have or use credit cards, no car payments and the house is owned outright.
                      Its been a bad year and all my safety net was eaten up earlier in the year recovering from being layed off.
                      Thinking I can find a job (flip burgers if I had to) easily enough has come to bite me in the arse.

I just swapped an Explorer radiator the other day to buy groceries and when the hernia poped out while lifting the rad, man I thought death would be a sweet release.

More then anything I hate that I cant do for myself. Makes me feel like total shit.

Comment

If you are losing that much water, then it should be pretty obvious as to where the leak is. It will also be simple PVC.

Find the leak, turn off water, fix leak, and go about your business. Worst case scenario should still be under $30 in parts.

I know you don't have the expertise, but do you have any buddies that do sprinkler systems?

I would gladly help, but I'm betting I'm at least 150 miles away.

EDIT: Corsicana is a little closer than I figured.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                          If you are losing that much water, then it should be pretty obvious as to where the leak is. It will also be simple PVC.

Find the leak, turn off water, fix leak, and go about your business. Worst case scenario should still be under $30 in parts.

I know you don't have the expertise, but do you have any buddies that do sprinkler systems?

I would gladly help, but I'm betting I'm at least 150 miles away.

EDIT: Corsicana is a little closer than I figured.
                          If I could get under there then I would but I cant. Too fat, too crippled.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                            Internet hasnt been paid in two months. I am waiting for it, the phone and tv to be cut off. I have never in my life been late on any of them so Verizon, Hughes and Direct have all been very nice in allowing a delayed payment.
                            I dont even drive my car cause the insurance lapsed.
                            Sold all my toys to pay electricity and water bills.
                            Went to Salvation Army to get food.
                            Stopped taking my liver and back meds cause I cant afford them.
                            Cant work (mechanic) untill I can have the hernia fixed cause it cripples me.
                            Cant afford the Interfuron treatment Drs say I need to live past a few more years.
                            So there, thats my crap poker hand I am dealing with for all to see.

Anything else you would like to point out?
                            I'm not going to drag your personal business out in the open but from the info above I think I can tell what's going on. If I'm right, my dad had the same problem. I hope it works out for you. Interfuron didn't work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                              I'm not going to drag your personal business out in the open but from the info above I think I can tell what's going on. If I'm right, my dad had the same problem. I hope it works out for you. Interfuron didn't work for him.
                              Nothing I am ashamed of. What I got is normally caused by drinking way way too much or shooting dope. I have been drunk twice in my life and have never been a doper.
                              I got Leptospirosis from drinking stream water when I lived in Maui. Went undiagnosed for a long time and dammaged my liver.
                              Price I pay for avoiding doctors.

Comment

Working...
                              X