Moving Truck rentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Truck rentals

So U-haul wants $580 one way from Dallas to Austin, but only $178 from Austin to Dallas. I'm guessing Dallas is low on trucks?

Anyone have experience with any other rental companies, Penske, Budget, Ryder, etc?

I'm only rented from U-haul in the past.

i will; never rent from u-haul again. me and my wife and kids were moving to s. carolina and the trans let go in the bad area of miss. worst time ever.
    i only use penske
    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      So U-haul wants $580 one way from Dallas to Austin, but only $178 from Austin to Dallas. I'm guessing Dallas is low on trucks?

Anyone have experience with any other rental companies, Penske, Budget, Ryder, etc?

I'm only rented from U-haul in the past.
      I think it's just more about demand.

Comment

Yeah, Penske is about $167 for one way and they give you 4 days total, *edit, looks like unlimited mileage too.

Comment

Budget was the cheapest I could find one-way for my move next week.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

With a Hand Truck, 1 dozen furniture pads, and a 16 foot Economy Van it came out to $220 for the entire weekend with Penske, Budget was close, but the pickup and dropoffs for Budget seem a little shady. Penske has actual Penske rental centers or Home Depots as pickups and drop offs which will work better for me.

Comment

penske or budget. never uhaul.

some day i will have revenge with the pigman at uhaul at 75 and parker
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

U-Haul is absolutely worthless. It cost me less to rent a rather large 26 ft. truck from Penske and drive it from Tulsa to Austin than it would have to rent a little 16 ft. truck from U-Haul for the same trip.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to use my dad's truck and he pulled the trailer back to Dallas so the 'in town' rental ran about $160

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    U-Haul is absolutely worthless. It cost me less to rent a rather large 26 ft. truck from Penske and drive it from Tulsa to Austin than it would have to rent a little 16 ft. truck from U-Haul for the same trip.
                    Same here. I got a huge 26 ft diesel and a car hauler to pull behind it from Penske for less than uhaul wanted for the tiny 8 or 12ft box truck alone. Unlimited mileage, too.
                    2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Working...
                    X