• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 y/o Texas Man Beaten/Stabbed/Carjacked

http://www.kfdm.com/articles/outside...rt-arthur.html

Port Arthur, Tx

The magic starts at 1:18.
    A mere mile from where i used to live, was filled with this. I moved one week before Katrina and Rita came through. I've never stayed more than two days when i go home to visit family and remaining friends.

Originally posted by article
    PORT ARTHUR - A 73-year-old man opened his motel room door and what happened changed his life.

Port Arthur police say three suspects stabbed, beat and robbed the victim at about 7 a.m. Wednesday at the Driftwood Inn on Memorial Boulevard.

Within hours officers had arrested three suspects in the robbery and another person charged with helping them.

The three suspects who were arrested and charged with robbing, beating and stabbing a 73-year-old man had a lot to say once Port Arthur police led them to patrol cars for the ride to jail..

According to investigators, Devin Hammond of Houston stole a car there and drove to Port Arthur, then used the car to transport the robbery suspects to pawn shops in Port Arthur in an attempt to sell items stolen from the victim.

Police say Hammond met up with 20-year-old Jeremy Goudeau, 25-year-old Donna Goudeau and 29-year-old Keyron Elmore, all of Port Arthur. They went to the Driftwood Motel early Wednesday morning.

"The suspects may have been knocking on doors and this gentleman answered the door innocently," said Sgt. Scott Gaspard.

73-year-old Juan Sustiata is from Kansas and was doing contract work for Motiva. He was staying at the Driftwood.

The robbers took his debit cards, his 2004 extended cab Chevrolet truck and other items, and continually stabbed and beat him to get the information they needed to steal his money.

"We do believe they went back several times," said Sgt. Gaspard. "Some people stayed with the victim while other actors went to the ATM and tried out PIN numbers. And they beat him until they had the right PIN number."

Keyron Elmore admitted to watching the other two assault the victim but said he had no part in the beating.

Once they robbed Sustiata they drove to several pawn shops in the area and tried to sell the stolen items.

"The car was seen in video at the same time someone was trying to use the debit cards at the store on 39th and Memorial," said Sgt. Gaspard. "An officer was driving by the Triangle Pawn Shop and saw the car."

Sgt. Gaspard says there are a lot of people who come to Southeast Texas to work and sometimes become targets of violent criminals.

"If you have someone knock on your door and you're not expecting someone, maybe call the office and see if anything is going on. We'd much rather come out and find nothing as to have someone robbed."

Robbed, stabbed and beaten while trying to earn a living in Southeast Texas.

The victim is at Christus Hospital St. Elizabeth with serious injuries. The injuries aren't life threatening.

The suspects who are charged with Aggravated Robbery have prior criminal records.

If convicted, each could face up to life in prison.

Their bonds are $500,000.

PORT ARTHUR - Port Arthur Police have arrested three suspects accused of stabbing and severely beating a 73-year-old man in his motel room, then stealing his truck and attempting to use his debit card.

Port Arthur Police received a call at 6:59 a.m. Wednesday reporting an aggravated robbery at the Driftwood Inn, 3700 Memorial Boulevard, Port Arthur.

Police believe the suspects knocked on doors at the motel in an attempt to find someone to rob. According to the victim, three men stabbed and beat him in the Driftwood Motel room where he lives. He was struck in the head and lost a lot of blood. The victim walked outside after the attack to find help. The man was taken by ambulance to Christus Hospital St. Elizabeth. Police said he's in serious condition but his injuries aren't life threatening.

The attackers took the man's white, 2004 extended cab Chevrolet pickup truck. The truck had temporary buyer tags. Police found the truck on the west side of Port Arthur.

Police said the suspects tried to use the man's debit card at an ATM but had trouble doing so.

Police arrested several suspects at about 10 a.m. Wednesday outside a pawn shop near the Jefferson City Shopping Center on Twin City Highway. They quetioned the suspects and charged three men with Aggravated Robbery. If convicted of the 1st Degree Felony they could face up to life in prison. A fourth person was charged with stealing a vehicle in Houston and driving the men to Port Arthur.

6 News reporter Lindsey Kovacevich is covering the story. Watch Live at 5 and KFDM News at 6 and 10 for more details and reaction from investigators.
    Last edited by CexMashean; 07-25-2011, 10:56 PM.
    sigpic

7:00am? The brothers are getting started a lot earlier than they have in the last 150 years!

Comment

Makes me feel really good about having to spend time in a motel room next week.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

lol. "I'm a female!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Hell, I stayed in a shit hole this weekend. I was absolutely able to defend myself.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Anytime I stay in a motel I always have a locked and loaded handgun within reach...and if ANYONE unexpected knocked on my door they would be greeted with its barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Anytime I stay in a motel I always have a locked and loaded handgun within reach...and if ANYONE unexpected knocked on my door they would be greeted with its barrel.
              Been doing this for years. Will not stay in a hotel unarmed.

Comment

and you people bitch about me

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                  and you people bitch about me
                  .....Why the fuck didn't you open that hotel door...?

Comment

That video is just sickening...those sorry fucks should've drowned in Katrina or better washed out in the gulf to be eaten by sharks. Fuckin scum...all of em.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                      oh hai guyz, look at me!!!

Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Waste of space.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          Makes me feel real good about having to sleep in a fucking airport with my family out here in the ATL
                          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                            Makes me feel real good about having to sleep in a fucking airport with my family out here in the ATL
                            Damn. You took your family to ATL??? Do you not love them?
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                              Damn. You took your family to ATL??? Do you not love them?
                              Lol. Had a delay at dfw for 5hrs and was supposed to catch another flight here and missed it by a minute or two. Now I have 3 kids laying down on these stank ass Benches. I feel bad for all the kids sleeping out here
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X