i guess im another number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i guess im another number

add another notch to the unemployment side. my employer laid me off today. they said im eligible for re-hire. they also said that business is too slow to have 3 people in the parts department, so me and another guy were laid off. i sure hope i find something soon. i busted my ass making phone calls to get more wholesale in there and i guess they wanted results over night. i have nothing bad to say about the place, i do understand the situation. just sucks it happened to me.

Where were you working?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Sucks. Too bad you're in BFE. Better get on somewhere quick, the parts industry hiring freezes are going to be going into effect here shortly.

Comment

Hope you find something else soon.

Comment

Sucks man. Don't know what kind of work you are looking for but GE is hiring for Sales positions and other's as well..
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Jason. I hope you can find something soon. Where was it? Local?

Comment

I'll be joining you in about 8 weeks, I guess.

Comment

This is the second or third time in a couple years, right? Sorry to hear it, but this sounds like a good time to make a career change. If it was me in your shoes, I'd be looking for a more stable industry, personally.

As for your comment about them wanting sales to come in overnight, just a word of advice. Businesses want employees who are ALWAYS going the extra mile, not just when things get tough and sales drop. I'm not judging, just offering up some advice for your next job. When you are always finding new ways to improve, new sales, etc; they have no doubt that you're the one they want when shit hits the fan.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

He needs to stop working at stealerships. They are notorious for this kind of bullshit.

Comment

The job you just started at the Chevy dealership?

!

Comment

Sorry to hear. That sucks.

Comment

yes, the job at the Chevy dealer. this really sucks, but im willing to do what i have to help people out and make the sale. i always go above and beyond, busy or not. my wife is pissed about it because of all the work i have been putting in. i think my boss was trying to talk them into keeping me.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Sucks. Too bad you're in BFE. Better get on somewhere quick, the parts industry hiring freezes are going to be going into effect here shortly.
                        i know. i really hope that doesn't happen

Originally posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
                        Sorry to hear that, Jason. I hope you can find something soon. Where was it? Local?
                        yeah, a dealership locally. i hope this other deal pans out though.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          This is the second or third time in a couple years, right? Sorry to hear it, but this sounds like a good time to make a career change. If it was me in your shoes, I'd be looking for a more stable industry, personally.

As for your comment about them wanting sales to come in overnight, just a word of advice. Businesses want employees who are ALWAYS going the extra mile, not just when things get tough and sales drop. I'm not judging, just offering up some advice for your next job. When you are always finding new ways to improve, new sales, etc; they have no doubt that you're the one they want when shit hits the fan.
                          this is the first in the last 3 years. i did move to VA for work and ended up moving back. i was working at a chrysler dealer and things went to shit quick there and i knew i had to get out. things were going good, as far i thought, at the chevy dealer, so this is out from left field to me. this is all i have ever done, i don't know anything else. this business has taken 18 years of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            He needs to stop working at stealerships. They are notorious for this kind of bullshit.
                            Notorious for wanting to make a profit? It does suck though when you have a staff of upper-management making six figures each combining their "efforts" to do the job of one man and the guy working his ass off 60 hours a week to make $50,000 is the first one to get dropped.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              Notorious for wanting to make a profit? It does suck though when you have a staff of upper-management making six figures each combining their "efforts" to do the job of one man and the guy working his ass off 60 hours a week to make $50,000 is the first one to get dropped.

Notorious for laying off half their staff regardless of sales or profits just because they decide to. I see it constantly. Someone leaves my company because the grass is greener, 3 months later they are asking for their job back.

Comment

Working...
                              X