Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth it to have a home AC condenser fan motor rebuilt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it to have a home AC condenser fan motor rebuilt?

The outside unit sounds like the bearings are going out so I'm going to have to repair or replace it. It is a GE motor but I don't know what model.

they're not very expensive. probably in the $100 or less range. i had one replaced at a rent house, about a year ago or so, and it was $75 and my old motor, if i remember correctly.

Comment

Yep they pretty cheap, little higher, guess since EVERYTHING has gone up. $110 about 1 month ago.

Comment

I work for an oilfield electric contractor and We don't rebuild anything under 10 horse on electric motors, cheaper to buy new. I would assume the fan motors are the same way.

Comment

Thanks guys! I know someone here has to sell this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            Thanks guys! I know someone here has to sell this kind of stuff.
            I have accounts at all the local parts houses. Hit me up in the AM with the condenser make, model, and serial and I'll bring you a motor up to the shop.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Yes!
              I'll have to get it tonight or in the am.
              Thanks!

Comment

run over you u fix it and buy a replacement. there a places that can rebuild one but just buy a reman or new and be done

Comment

Yes!
                  I'll have to get it tonight or in the am.
                  Thanks!
                  Not to hijack but how much would a large screen nav
                  headunit cost me to put in my 05 2500hd silverado? not having nav and an aux input sux with all the driving im doing lately

if u need someone to pick up that motor for u let me know, ive got
                  2 cars to deliver in bedford and haltom city today from copart in shreveport.

Comment

I recently paid a little over $300 to have the inside blower motor in the attic replaced. That was parts and labor. I know it's not the same component, but might be a benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                      I recently paid a little over $300 to have the inside blower motor in the attic replaced. That was parts and labor. I know it's not the same component, but might be a benchmark.
                      Damn I got screwed, they charged me $500 to replace mine. It was 105 degrees outside so at the moment I didn't car what it costs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                        Not to hijack but how much would a large screen nav
                        headunit cost me to put in my 05 2500hd silverado? not having nav and an aux input sux with all the driving im doing lately
                        LOTS of variables but $1199and up installed including all parts and labor for Alpine.

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Thanks Jeff!
                            I'll be sure to give the Cobra a nice new home should any installation "issues" arise

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                            X