computer down at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer down at work

I can Do absolutely nothing at my work right now. It is amazing how dependent we are of these things now. I am sitting thinking of something to do to pass the time and be productive but all I can think of is cleaning my desk.

I bet 90% of the companiesin the world would be screwed if their computers went down for just one day.

We can't do anything at all without computers. Luckily we have redundant servers and several remote datacenters now. At the old company I could literally flip one ckt breaker and 17 stores would be down for at least 4 hours. Now that same breaker will take one store offline for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Our computers were down for a couple hours this morning due to some Window's update they were pushing through!

Comment

If our network goes down for some reason then were dead in the water. But if our servers go down.... then that's when I start shitting my pants.

Comment

Whats wrong with your computer? Is the network down? Mine seems to be working okay here in FTW. But then again you are also a diffrent LOB.

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
            Whats wrong with your computer? Is the network down? Mine seems to be working okay here in FTW. But then again you are also a diffrent LOB.
            its running an encryption program and won't let me do anything. We have to run it every now and then, but usually I can cancel it and do it when I get home at night. It dint give me that option this time.

Comment

As a former sysadmin, this is 90% of you.

2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

This is me this morning..."PC Load letter...WTF does that mean?"

Comment

You can't do anything at my job with out computers honestly..... Could always go back to drafting on paper. LOL

Comment

I might as well just go home when my computer takes a shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X