No announcement yet.

Are you proud of yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided it was time to issue a follow-up to this particular thread I started.

My birthday was August 8th, my party was awesome and a TON of folks in this thread made it out to enjoy a good evening! I couldn't have really asked for a more stellar night.

My birthday was also a turning point for me in regards to the beginning of this thread. I had to let go of a lot of 'auxillary' problems and the 8th was the day I decided it was time. I've found a therapist that's helped me break down the final bits of me and my mom's relationship. This has proven crucial to finally 'stepping out from under the umbrella' so to speak.

As for being proud, I am proud of what I have become after what I have endured. Being told that, "most people that see me have held onto these problems for years... Even decades... after their mom's death is startling since you've come in resolved to fix things" was beyond reassuring. I know my MOM would be proud of me. That means a lot. She always wanted to see me become a great man. I think I'm finally making progress that is worth smiling about.

I'm a member of my work's United Way Foundation, volunteering with animals/ASPCA, hell I'm taking dancing lessons LOL!

So to everyone else... Don't let menial personal roadblocks stand in the way of greatness. Swallow your pride, eat the hurt that comes with it and persevere. If those around you don't want to see you be a better person, chances are they see a lot of their own shortcomings in themselves. It's an amazingly pure way to weed out the stragglers and focus on the good parts in your life
    Last edited by DON SVO; 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I am content with where I am in life. Financially I wish we were more stable, the wife has been recently laid off, but otherwise I am happy. I love my job, have a very nice house, all my vehicles are paid for only owe on the house. Have a beautiful daughter, wife and have accomplished all of this at only the age of 24. There are many more things I want to accomplish and be, but reality is I am still very young with plenty of time to accomplish those goals.

Comment

I am fucked up and come from a fucked up family, but I am way better a parent/person than my mother and father were

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          I decided it was time to issue a follow-up to this particular thread I started.

My birthday was August 8th, my party was awesome and a TON of folks in this thread made it out to enjoy a good evening! I couldn't have really asked for a more stellar night.

My birthday was also a turning point for me in regards to the beginning of this thread. I had to let go of a lot of 'auxillary' problems and the 8th was the day I decided it was time. I've found a therapist that's helped me break down the final bits of me and my mom's relationship. This has proven crucial to finally 'stepping out from under the umbrella' so to speak.

As for being proud, I am proud of what I have become after what I have endured. Being told that, "most people that see me have held onto these problems for years... Even decades... after their mom's death is startling since you've come in resolved to fix things" was beyond reassuring. I know my MOM would be proud of me. That means a lot. She always wanted to see me become a great man. I think I'm finally making progress that is worth smiling about.

I'm a member of my work's United Way Foundation, volunteering with animals/ASPCA, hell I'm taking dancing lessons LOL!

So to everyone else... Don't let menial personal roadblocks stand in the way of greatness. Swallow your pride, eat the hurt that comes with it and persevere. If those around you don't want to see you be a better person, chances are they see a lot of their own shortcomings in themselves. It's an amazingly pure way to weed out the stragglers and focus on the good parts in your life
          I don't know you, but that's great news! My Mom passed away Dec. 17th last year and my Dad Feb 26th this year (I was 25 then, now 26). I still feel like I'm confused and lost at times, but they taught me how to handle bad situations, how to make good decisions and to take care of the things that really do matter. When I think about my parents, even though I'm heartbroken, I think about all the fun times, and great memories that we had and it always brightens my mood.

Comment

you, Donald.
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Good for you Don. I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                you, Donald.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                Good for you Don. I wish you the best.
                It's getting very tolerable. Being able to love my mom and not hate her for her affliction had probably been the hardest thing to grasp. However, once that corner was turned it became stupidly easy.

I still somewhat wish the girl I wanted to be there for me was still there, but I'm dating someone now that so outrageously supportive it makes the past couple of years even more painful. If that makes sense. I'm glad that I was able to recognize that I'm a lot better than what I was willing to even give myself, and that I have friends who see the same in me You will NEVER please everyone, but if you're making positive strides forward you will see who no longer needs to be pleased.
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                dont downshift!!

Comment

Keep on keepin' on, little buddy!
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

[QUOTE=03trubluGT;

A very interesting thing about this thread and how the board works is the obvious absence of demeaning and insultive remarks. Jared, Henry, Stevo and Racrguy made posts without attacking you.

This proves that it can be done, but they are selective on who they chose to do it to.[/QUOTE]

I'll back this guy up anytime. Bunch of girls on here. Only girls have feelings pus*ys. Men are becoming soft.

Comment

im glad to hear you are doing so well Don!!!!!!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO

I still somewhat wish the girl I wanted to be there for me was still there
                        Don, you're doing well. Dont make me have this discussion with you again.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Don, you're doing well. Dont make me have this discussion with you again.
                          I think you missed the point of what I was implying, Brent. On that particular issue there's still a lot of emotion involved, but it's an ass-kicking for me since with some of these faux walls coming down, they're exposing what I was using to prop them up. Does that make sense?
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

I am very proud of where I am. I have all I need. A loving, understanding wife, two great boys, a great house, huge yard for the kids to play in, a bike, car to tinker with and all the love I could ever stand from my family. I hit rock bottom about 10 years ago, went through a real rough patch, but with a lot of prayer, love and motivation everything fell into place. It was for the best. Learned a lot of valuable lessons.
                            BUT
                            My mother can go to hell and burn forever for the shit she's put me, my late father and my wife through.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            You post like a fucking woman.
                            Most excellent.

Comment

Working...
                            X