No announcement yet.

Plane on fire in Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was fixing the sprinklers and saw this fly right over the house. Plane was going super slow and was way low. Def. didn't look right and wish I would've had my phone on me cause I probably could've got 10 pics of it.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
      LOL so changing the airlines will make you feel better?? Where is the logic? It's an American Airlines flight they have a pretty impecable record as far as I'm concerned.
      Sure it would. If the so called inspector(s) got lazy and missed something on this plane than how many planes was he lazy on before he got his shit together?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
        Yeah whatever.

As long as they were above 5k feet, nothing will reach the ground. AvGas evaporates quickly, and with the heat it'll be gone even faster. Ain't nobody getting a shower.
        Huge difference from avgas and jet fuel,

Comment

A lot of the planes were creating low level contrails do to the heat and humidity and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            That is ridiculous. Commercial jets fly on JET FUEL, not AvGas. Jet fuel is more like kerosene.

A plane making an international flight has about 10-15000 gallons of jet fuel on board, or about the same as a medium sized swimming pool. That is not evaporating before hitting the ground.
            I was dispatched along with the fire department last night for an odor investigation. The homeowner stated it smelt like gas in her front yard. FD got there and stated it may have been from this plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
              Yeah whatever.

As long as they were above 5k feet, nothing will reach the ground. AvGas evaporates quickly, and with the heat it'll be gone even faster. Ain't nobody getting a shower.
              No wonder they were having engine troubles. Someone put avgas in the tank.
              Last edited by Grimpala; 07-25-2011, 07:34 AM.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                I was dispatched along with the fire department last night for an odor investigation. The homeowner stated it smelt like gas in her front yard. FD got there and stated it may have been from this plane.
                No, sorry, that was me. I had eaten a bad burrito for lunch and had to roll down my car window when I was in front of her house driving through the neighborhood. Phewww! Stanky!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  If you put it on a treadmill it would still take off.
                  Not if it's dumping fuel while in motion on the treadmill
                  Originally posted by Vertnut
                  I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I saw that yesterday as well
                    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      Probably took off with the nozzle/hose sticking out of the fuel tank.

like this:
                      So you are saying a woman was flying this plane?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                        Sure it would. If the so called inspector(s) got lazy and missed something on this plane than how many planes was he lazy on before he got his shit together?
                        So the same inspector that checked the AA plane couldn't have checked a plane for another airline? Your logic is lacking. I fly a lot for work. When you look at the number of flights per day, the safety record is insanely great. Last spring, I was on a flight out of Birmingham. We had just passed 10K feet when an engine blew. It was very loud, the plane shuddered, some people screamed a little, and the plane dipped way left and then way right. The pilot was testing his response. He then came on the intercom, calmly told everyone we'd lost an engine, stated we were still safe, in no danger, and he turned us around for a perfect landing back where we just departed. We pulled right up to the gate and exited the plane. A few hours later they had us another plane. We loaded back up and went to DFW without any problems. There was no panic among those flying. Stuff breaks, but there are redundancies and safety checks. Get on another plane and go again. It's not that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          So the same inspector that checked the AA plane couldn't have checked a plane for another airline?
                          Well I thought those who service and check a plane work for the airline so no they don't inspect other airline planes.

Comment

So the same inspector that checked the AA plane couldn't have checked a plane for another airline? Your logic is lacking. I fly a lot for work. When you look at the number of flights per day, the safety record is insanely great. Last spring, I was on a flight out of Birmingham. We had just passed 10K feet when an engine blew. It was very loud, the plane shuddered, some people screamed a little, and the plane dipped way left and then way right. The pilot was testing his response. He then came on the intercom, calmly told everyone we'd lost an engine, stated we were still safe, in no danger, and he turned us around for a perfect landing back where we just departed. We pulled right up to the gate and exited the plane. A few hours later they had us another plane. We loaded back up and went to DFW without any problems. There was no panic among those flying. Stuff breaks, but there are redundancies and safety checks. Get on another plane and go again. It's not that big of a deal.
                            Thank you....I knew I wasn't crazy.

His logic really goes out the window when you have a scenario where you get 1000 miles away from the original departure point and have to make an emergency landing elsewhere. I doubt the inspector at DFW made it to the emergency landing location to inspect other planes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                              Well I thought those who service and check a plane work for the airline so no they don't inspect other airline planes.
                              There's an F in front of FAA. American Airlines (AA) doesn't have the "F." I'm just guessing here, and I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm sure the airlines have their own inspectors, but in order to fly, I'm sure they have to pass inspection from someone else, probably employed by the FAA. Now bribes on the other hand...

Comment

There's an F in front of FAA. American Airlines (AA) doesn't have the "F." I'm just guessing here, and I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm sure the airlines have their own inspectors, but in order to fly, I'm sure they have to pass inspection from someone else, probably employed by the FAA. Now bribes on the other hand...
                                Negative.
                                Each airline has it's own inspection department. They conduct inspections on certain items and major/complex repairs (i.e. an engine replacement, flight control surface or actuator replacement, landing gear assembly replacement) based on FAA criteria. They do not perform routine pre-flight inspections. Basic repairs performed by mechanics are usually not inspected by anyone else.
                                The FAA will conduct random inspections on an infrequent basis, unless there is some other reason for them to do them more often. Beyond that, the FAA is nowhere to be seen in the hangars.
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X