X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minge View Post
    At that low of an altitude you would receive a golden shower from the dump
    Yeah whatever.

As long as they were above 5k feet, nothing will reach the ground. AvGas evaporates quickly, and with the heat it'll be gone even faster. Ain't nobody getting a shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
      Yeah whatever.

As long as they were above 5k feet, nothing will reach the ground. AvGas evaporates quickly, and with the heat it'll be gone even faster. Ain't nobody getting a shower.
      that's what i thought. thanks man.
      Originally posted by 56482
      only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

If you put it on a treadmill it would still take off.

Comment

we saw it flying over our softball game. im pretty sure i hit the plane when i smashed my homerun. sorry about that.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yeah whatever.

When I saw it it damn sure wasn't above 5k'
            Maybe 1k but that was right after it took off, probably hadn't been in the air more than 30/45 seconds

Comment

Gotta love it when they spray jet fuel all over the metroplex

Comment

Yeah whatever.

They were at maybe 1k feet and it was Jet A, not AvGas. Jet A is about like kerosene, and from 1k feet, it will cause all kinds of nastiness. They were doing a full dump from both wings too, so there's going to be a lot of cars in need of a wash/detail tomorrow.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                  When I saw it it damn sure wasn't above 5k'
                  Maybe 1k but that was right after it took off, probably hadn't been in the air more than 30/45 seconds
                  Probably took off with the nozzle/hose sticking out of the fuel tank.

like this:

Comment

Yeah whatever.

That is ridiculous. Commercial jets fly on JET FUEL, not AvGas. Jet fuel is more like kerosene.

A plane making an international flight has about 10-15000 gallons of jet fuel on board, or about the same as a medium sized swimming pool. That is not evaporating before hitting the ground.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'll give that I used Avgas as a term when it shoudl have been Jet A-1 which you are correct is kerosene based. Which evaporates extremely fast.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has informed us that fuel dumping occurs only about 127 times per year, when planes need to land for emergency situations, and cannot, because of excess weight. Air Traffic Control guidelines ("Air Traffic Control Manual," 7110.65L, 1998) specify that fuel dumping occur "at least 2,000 feet above the highest obstacle within 5 miles of the route or pattern being flown." Jet fuel evaporates quickly when dispersed in flight, When jet fuel is released at an altitude above 5,000 feet, the fuel is expected to evaporate completely before it reaches the ground.

Comment

Comment

I would have shit my pants if I were on that plane!

Comment

The hard part will be getting in the next plane without thinking about it. I would definitely try and change airlines if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                              The hard part will be getting in the next plane without thinking about it. I would definitely try and change airlines if possible.
                              LOL so changing the airlines will make you feel better?? Where is the logic? It's an American Airlines flight they have a pretty impecable record as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Any pics of this thing?

Nevermind, just saw the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X