Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good deal 50k Southwest Airlines bonus points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal 50k Southwest Airlines bonus points.

My wife and I are planning to travel to Las Vegas in the next couple of months. I just went to Southwest's Airlines website and there offering this if you open a CC. Is it really $800 worth of airfare? Or am I'm missing something somewhere in the fine print?

50,000 Bonus Points after your first purchase2 - that's over $800 in Wanna Get Away® Fares that can be redeemed for 2 FREE ROUNDTRIP FLIGHTS! Start planning your trip today to one of the 70+ destinations Southwest Airlines flies.

Link to offer.

Well, for one thing:

Rapid Rewards points can be redeemed for Wanna Get Away fares at a rate of 60 points for each $1 of fare price. You will qualify for and receive your bonus points after your first purchase. First purchase does not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      Well, for one thing:

Rapid Rewards points can be redeemed for Wanna Get Away fares at a rate of 60 points for each $1 of fare price. You will qualify for and receive your bonus points after your first purchase. First purchase does not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

Yea, I saw that Leah, thanks for pointing it out though. We can wait the 6 to 8 weeks. Seems like a pretty nice deal other than the $99 Annual fee.

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
        Yea, I saw that Leah, thanks for pointing it out though. We can wait the 6 to 8 weeks. Seems like a pretty nice deal other than the $99 Annual fee.
        They'll get you one way or another. Lol

Good luck.
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

its an OK deal...nothing to go crazy about. British Airways and AA did 100k mile cards not long ago. Just remember that when getting reward flights, you have to be flexible. I did the AA card and got 2 tickets to Las Vegas earlier this year. We had to stay an extra day to make the flights work out.

Comment

Nothing like opening up another line of credit for some stupid ass airline ticket.

Comment

I fly SW for everything since they go where I need to be for work. On my SW Visa there was a signup bonus, 6000 pts every year on your anniversary, 1500 pts for every $10,000 put on the card, 1 pt for every dollar spent on the card, 2 pts for every dollar spent on SW airfare on the card and double point at partner companies (rental cars, hotels, etc), and I've flown enough that I get 200% pts on every flight anyway... needless to say that it was a no brainer for me.

I'm actually not far away from getting a companion pass, which means my fiancée will be able travel with me for free any time to anywhere SW flys.
              Last edited by Strychnine; 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X