Grand Prairie skating rink shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prairie skating rink shooting

6 dead including shooter, 4 more in hospital being treated.

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Rip.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Damn. RIP
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Fuck. Shits crazy lately.
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

There was a mass shooting in Seattle today also, just read an article. Don't know WTF is going on with people.

MyNorthwest.com - Seattle news, sports, weather, traffic, talk and community., Home, MyNorthwest.com

SEATTLE (AP) - People screamed and ran as ten people were injured in a shooting Saturday at a crowded suburban Seattle parking lot, authorities and witnesses said.

The gunfire broke out at a low-rider car show at La Plaza shopping center on Pacific Highway in Kent, and victims were taken to the hospital, said Kent Fire Department Lt. Pat Pawlak.

Harborview Medical Center spokeswoman Susan Gregg said ten people were admitted to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

"They're all in satisfactory condition," she said. "All conscious and talking."

She said ages of the wounded ranged from 14 to 32. The victims, she said, were hit on a foot, leg and chest, among other places.

There were no reported fatalities and no one has been arrested.

Kent police Sgt. Jarod Kasner said the shootings may have been gang-related, and that the gang unit has been called on the scene.

Adriana Velazco, a manager at a Los Cabos Mexican Restaurant in the shopping center, said she saw two people on the ground after the shooting. She said that she didn't hear the gunshots but was told by an off-duty police officer dining at the restaurant to hide in the back of the restaurant along with patrons.

"We saw people running all over the place," Velazco said. "People were knocking on the door of restaurant but we weren't allowed to open the door."

The car show, listed as La Raza low-rider car show on a Latino events website, was in the parking lot of the shopping center, which is located along the busy Pacific Highway. Kent is about 20 miles south of Seattle. The city is a mix of suburban developments and older industrial centers.

(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
          share this story:

Comment

It sounds like most of the people fatally wounded in GP were minors. Sad day in the metroplex, and around the world for that matter.

Comment

Maybe the guy hated the 70's?

Comment

whats next Toys"R"Us

Comment

when i was a kid my daycare took us about once a week in the summer to Fourm Roller World. This is a sad day, and RIP to the people that lost their lives to this act. I just don't understand why people have to take others with them.
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

RIP to the innocents. May the shooter burn in hell.

And this is why we conceal carry with a CHL. And also why my wife knows to never question me if I tell her to do something if I feel a situation is about to go from safe to OH SHIT.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Forget Norway...WTF is going on HERE !!!

Shootings at birthday parties in Lancaster and Grand Prairie.....

Man I just stay at home....only family functions are with my wife and kids....

And then 4 teenagers killed in one wreck....a deadly weekend, not over yet...
                      sigpic
                      "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                      through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                      We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                      my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

That's not common for an Asian.

Maybe he was related to GE?????

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          That's not common for an Asian.
                          Virginia Tech was an Asian guy....

Comment

Must have been in the water last night.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
                              Shootings at birthday parties in Lancaster and Grand Prairie.....

Man I just stay at home....only family functions are with my wife and kids....

No sense in living like a hermitt just use situational awareness.

According to the reports there was a fight before the shooting started. It may have only been a short fight or a short while between shouting and shoving before pulling iron but you see a sign and you have to act. Get out of the area, identify your exits, collect your people and account for them, put on your serious and concerned face and used your "don't ask me why" voice.

My wife knows just by looking at me when my hairs start to go up. If you feel like you are in the wrong place you are. It is called refusing to be a victim.

My wife and I were in Barcelona walking down La Ramblas when we heard a comotion like a fight was breaking out. We are not lookyloos, I grabbed my wife and we went the other direction. Sure as shit a brawl broke out and as the masses were heading towards it, we were heading away.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X