Wine drinkers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine drinkers??

Anyone a wine drinker that can help me out? My wife likes the Italia Roscato Rosso Dolce wine from Olive Garden. She is trying to find some other similar wines to try. Any clues without buying multiple bottles? We already have a few that she says really dosen't compare to the Olive Garden one. Thanks for any help.

John (jr347) would be the man to ask. He will not only have your answer, but probably have the bottle you need. I had his number some time ago, but it is probably on my stateside phone. Let me see if I can go back on the old forum and find something. I think you can also reach him at www.harwellmotors.com

Comment

check out Carlo Rossi's offerings. They should be on par with Olive Garden's quality level
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm on my phone so I can't give too much detail. The wine is a sweet red from Italy. Look up the region that the wine is from and that will help you see what others come from there that are sweet reds. Look up tasting notes on places like snooth.com and try to find similar notes with other sweet reds. Many wine websites will help you narrow it down by region, tasting notes etc.

Oh and once you get some names, goodygoody.com has a good inventory search feature.

Comment

Scott, if she's not a "wine connoisseur" per se, just about any decent red from the same region (as Adam posted) would probably work just fine.

I would also suggest a Pinot Noir for a suitable substitute. It's a lighter, softer version of the Reds (as compared to a Cabernet) but maybe not quite as sweet as the one you posted. Kendall Jackson and Beringer are decent choices.
          If you have a Sam's card, they have a pretty decent selection at good prices.

David

Comment

Take her by girls gone wine near broken bow Oklahoma. They have all kinds of sweet wines and make it fun for the girls to taste. They also have a giant store. I'm not a fan of most sweet wines, so I can't speak for a comparison.

Comment

Got Arbor Mist?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                Got Arbor Mist?
                I just used some to wetsand the car!

Was just in the liquor store, look at some Zinfandels. 7 Deadly Zins, Folie a Deux and others. Between $10-$15.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Take her by girls gone wine near broken bow Oklahoma. They have all kinds of sweet wines and make it fun for the girls to taste. They also have a giant store. I'm not a fan of most sweet wines, so I can't speak for a comparison.
                  Yup...took my girl there and she fell in love, lol!

Comment

Thanks everyone. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X