Those of you with diabetes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you with diabetes...

What brand of glucose test meter are you using?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

My son has Type 1 and we use:

Comment

Since I'm on the Omnipod for insulin delviery I use the FreeStyle meter, or the PDM (controller for the insulin pump).

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Since I'm on the Omnipod for insulin delviery I use the FreeStyle meter, or the PDM (controller for the insulin pump).
        That is what my son uses.

Comment

my lady uses Glucocard Vital

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Just wondering if anyone uses the kind that plugs into a USB port to help log levels. I still get pissed at how much these assholes charge for the test strips.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
              Just wondering if anyone uses the kind that plugs into a USB port to help log levels. I still get pissed at how much these assholes charge for the test strips.
              I pay $1000 every January for the first 3 months supply of the. Omni Pod alone since the new deductible comes around. After that it is $200 for the remaining 3 quarters. It is also $400 evey 3 months for insulin and test strips. Then you have all the copays for the endocrinologist visits and A1C blood work.

Comment

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Comment

Use whatever meter your insurance covers. For my woman...the test strips are $60 for one touch or $25 for Accucheck

Comment

ReliOn Ultima.
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

We have a Medtronic pump for my boy. We can DL his BG readings using a wireless bluetooth type device. We still have the OneTouch in case BG needs to be checked in an instant. We pay $25 a month for insulin. Everything else, including the pump, sensor and accessories are covered under my ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                          I actually just installed the software to download data from my PDM 2 days ago, first time I've ever looked at it. Sorta of cool to see it on the computer in all the graphs and shit. The PDM can also give statistics, 7,14,60,90 day glucose averages, etc.

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          I pay $1000 every January for the first 3 months supply of the. Omni Pod alone since the new deductible comes around. After that it is $200 for the remaining 3 quarters. It is also $400 evey 3 months for insulin and test strips. Then you have all the copays for the endocrinologist visits and A1C blood work.
                          Jeezus, City of Ft Worth's insurance sucks. I pay $0.00 for my Omnipod PDM and pod's, (shipped every qtr also), and I go to a local phcy for my test strips and insulin and it's $75 per month, if I did mail order it would be $150 for 3 months worth. Dr visit is $25, and labs are included. I also go to a Nephrologist every 6 months, $25 visit and all lab work included.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            Jeezus, City of Ft Worth's insurance sucks. I pay $0.00 for my Omnipod PDM and pod's, (shipped every qtr also), and I go to a local phcy for my test strips and insulin and it's $75 per month, if I did mail order it would be $150 for 3 months worth. Dr visit is $25, and labs are included. I also go to a Nephrologist every 6 months, $25 visit and all lab work included.

It's how the city keeps the insurance costs down.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              Use whatever meter your insurance covers. For my woman...the test strips are $60 for one touch or $25 for Accucheck
                              This. You need to go with whatever your insurance covers. They al do the same thing. I think some need more blood than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X