Things to do/see in Montana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do/see in Montana?

Wife wants to visit a family friend near Coeur d'Alane, ID again. We've explored that immediate area already and got to thinking we've never been to Montana.

Anybody with personal insight of things to/do see in Montana? I was thinking starting on the west side and maybe flying out of Billings.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Roast beef
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

The Bitter Roots, the Grand Tetons, the Missouri Breaks. There's a lot of pretty country up there, with nobody in it.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hannah?

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

"I'd like to seen Montana"

Vasily Borodin - Hunt For Red October
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
            "I'd like to seen Montana"

Vasily Borodin - Hunt For Red October
            Was he over-dubbed with a redneck voice? "I would like to have seen Montana," is how he said it.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I was born and raised in MT. Since you are going to be over on the west side of the state, I would go thru Glacier National Park. Lots to see up there. Bears, mountain goats, deer, elk, maybe even moose, plus it is AWESOME scenery. There is also Hungry Horse Dam and Flathead lake.

Great Falls has the Charlie Russell Museum if you guys like art.

Helena is an old gold mine town and lots of things to see around there.

Butte is an old copper mining town.

Missoula has the University of MT.

Bozeman has Montana State University.

Personally, if it was me, I would hang around the west/central side, and then fly out of Missoula instead of Billings.

Alot depends on how much time you have. Driving from the Missoula area to Billings is every bit a 4.5 hr drive.

Hope this helps.

Comment

little Big Horn. See where Custer had it coming. The NE entrance to Yellowstone. It is called the world's most scenic drive.

Comment

Good point. Forgot about that area.

So if you have enough time, you could hit 2 national parks.

Comment

We're planning a solid week up there. 1 Day to visit her friend, the rest for anything else.

Didn't even think about Missoula. Great to have y'all's insight!
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I also just thought if you guys want, and if the road is open, hit the Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier.

Also, my advice, if you hit Glacier, back track your way back to Missoula and DO NOT take HWY 2 across the high line thru Browning.

Comment

Cows/Cows

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
                          I also just thought if you guys want, and if the road is open, hit the Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier.

Also, my advice, if you hit Glacier, back track your way back to Missoula and DO NOT take HWY 2 across the high line thru Browning.
                          X2,on going to the sun highway. Hit it early in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post

This post is full of win.

We must of grown up around the same area. I was raised in Kalispel, and my parents currently live outside of Missoula.
                            .223 > 911

Comment

My sister owns Yellowstone Raft Company in Gardiner. Right on the north entrance to Yellowstone park. If you're by the park and wanna hit some rapids, give em a call.

Comment

Working...
                              X