Another Jackass on Craiglist.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Jackass on Craiglist.....

A couple weeks ago I had tried to inquire on this guy's 93' Cobra a few times and never got a response...he had no phone number listed in the ad either, so I just blew it off and figured he must've sold it. Then I see it relisted again earlier this week.....so I email again last Monday......

"Hello,
    I had tried to email you on this car before but I don’t think it went through b/c I never saw a reply. Can you send me some more pics and some contact info....I’m up near Fort Worth and would like to get some more info on it.

Thanks,
    Jason"

Just now today (4-days later) get a response from him....he attached a bunch of pics (which look really good BTW), and this is what he types as a reply.....

"Come get it"

So I reply again.....

"How do I reach you?"

His next reply....

"When do you plan on coming?"

The car was listed for a while and the dipshit has relisted it and even dropped the price....well hell, no wonder! He's obviously an idiot or just interested in wasting people's time. If he is a serious seller he's got to be the dumbest one I've come across....he just ran off a potential buyer who doesn't fuck around and has cash in-hand. Oh well....his loss! Nice looking car though.

My last response to him.....

"Well, seeing as though I live 4-hours away I was hoping to talk to the owner of the car first. But never mind I’ll keep looking elsewhere....now I see why you still have it."

Is it just me?....I hate when people fuck around and waste my time like this. If you were trying to sell a car like this wouldn't you expect that REAL potential buyers would want to speak with you about it?...instead of just repsonding back with stupid statements like "come get it....when you coming".

Here's the ad....

Hello true blue fans, up for sale is this awesome and perhaps cleanest, unmolested Cobra out there. This machine is a show winner and jaw dropper anywhere it shows. I will list all specs.
    ENGINE : DSS 306 ci, forged DSS pistons, stock rods and crank, FRPP double roller timing chain, AFR 165 aluminum heads 58cc, Comp cams hardened pushrods, 1.6 pedastle mount rocker arms, Cam Motiom ( custom grind, sounds awesome!) hydraulic roller camshaft, ARP fastened all around, Cobra intake, 65mm throtle (Cobra o.e), C&L 73mm mass air, all FelPro gaskets and seals. A/C, PW, PS, PL, EVERYTHING WORKS! Relocated battery to trunk with all safety harness.
    INDUCTION & FUEL : Vortech V1 S-TRIM supercharger (polished) FMU,T-REX, 190 intank pump, stock fuel rails and lines. The supercharger was recently installed and needs 36-42lbs injectors and a tune for full advantage of supercharger power if needed. It also has the MSD 6AL with the boost timing retard control.
    EXHAUST : FRPP ceramic coated unequal lenght headers, 2-1/2 off road UPR-X pipe ( off road ), Bassani 2-1/2 stainless catback. NO SMOG PUMP
    SUSPENSION : Steeda Sportline springs, Tokico Blue line lowering struts, FRPP control arms with 95 spec low friction ball joints, full Energy Suspension bushing kit including motor mounts, BBK upper and lower rear control arms, Steeda caster camber adjustable plates.
    DRIVETRAIN : T-5Z trans, King Cobra clutch and flywheel, FRPP driveshaft, FRPP 373 gears (stock axles).
    COOLING : DOT Police issue fan clutch and fan, 180 thermostat, Ford 3 row radiator with overflow bottle.
    BRAKES : O.E 93 SVT with new pads, rotors, bearings, seals and fluids.
    EXTERIOR : All o.e metal with matching #'s and o.e paint, all o.e ground effect excepts DOT replacement rear bumper are from another 93 Cobra, Late Model tailights (Ford oe not made anymore), new sunroof seals. Hood, cowl, nose, ground effects, rear bumper, engine bay and wing have fresh paint. Top and front of fenders were blended so nose, hood, cowl new paint would match. Area around hatch lock was repaired from theft and also painted to blend. There is absolutely no color difference of whatsoever on the car, it is FLAWLESS.
    INTERIOR : Stock black cloth form another 1993 Cobra (also flawless), Cobra matts, factory sunroof removable cober, 95 Cobra shifter and knob (leather).
    WHEELS & TIRES : O.E Cobra wheels, brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole possition (P245-45-ZR17) ultra high performance tires.
    BACKGROUND : This vehicle was a theft recovery with 47k documented & carfax miles. It took 3 years of misticulant care to re-built and carefull selection of parts to improve what Ford engineers had built in 1993. I have full documentation with receipts and pics of the whole 3 years it took to get this car in the BETTER THAN SHOWROOM condition is in. Do not miss this opportunity to own the 1st SVT (Special Vehicle Team) and last of the FOX ERA kings at a fraction of cost that other low miles and untouched Cobra (very few) are selling for. I can't stress the fact that pictures do not tell the condition that this car is on. I strongly recommend that if you are interested and looking for one of this bad boys you take the time to see this car in person. The title shows salvaged, no financing. Car has 3,700 since completion and that includes drivetrain. Thank you for viewing.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Last edited by Rreemo; 07-23-2011, 11:40 AM. Reason: Added CL ad, just in case it gets flagged
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Maybe he needs to take the word "unmolested" out of his ad for a hot roded front to back car.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

CL is FULL of them
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Just tell him....

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          Just tell him....

I laughed fucking LOUD.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

come on you can find a nicer unmolested (not a theft recovery!) 93 cobra than that! his 18 paragraph description automatically scared me off!

hell i bought mine 5 yrs ago almost stock for way under the price he is asking! take your time and look around.

Comment

I posted my 68 Dodge charger on cl and I had a mass response with all sorts of scams. There was one guy who was extremely persistent. He kept emailing me with broken english claiming he was located in Sweden. After 10-11 emails I finally answered him. He claimed that if I sent him more pictures he would send a car hauler. I sent him about 20 pics and the next day I had a flat bed car hauler service at my house. Entire deal went smooth and wasnt a scam at all. The swedish guy didnt haggle or anything. I even asked way over what I paid for it and he western unioned me the money.
              Im not saying that the o.p. emails are legit but try and read into the replies closley.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                i posted my 68 dodge charger on cl and i had a mass response with all sorts of scams. There was one guy who was extremely persistent. He kept emailing me with broken english claiming he was located in sweden. After 10-11 emails i finally answered him. He claimed that if i sent him more pictures he would send a car hauler. I sent him about 20 pics and the next day i had a flat bed car hauler service at my house. Entire deal went smooth and wasnt a scam at all. The swedish guy didnt haggle or anything. I even asked way over what i paid for it and he western unioned me the money.
                Im not saying that the o.p. Emails are legit but try and read into the replies closley.
                lol
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Im an asshole all the time on craigslist. I have had a few say theyre going to come kick my ass, I just tell them my name is one of the guys that works with me

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                    I posted my 68 Dodge charger on cl and I had a mass response with all sorts of scams. There was one guy who was extremely persistent. He kept emailing me with broken english claiming he was located in Sweden. After 10-11 emails I finally answered him. He claimed that if I sent him more pictures he would send a car hauler. I sent him about 20 pics and the next day I had a flat bed car hauler service at my house. Entire deal went smooth and wasnt a scam at all. The swedish guy didnt haggle or anything. I even asked way over what I paid for it and he western unioned me the money.
                    Im not saying that the o.p. emails are legit but try and read into the replies closley.
                    So you're saying I should've just kept trying? Or that my emails make me look like a scammer?
                    Last edited by Rreemo; 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                      A couple weeks ago I had tried to inquire on this guy's 93' Cobra a few times and never got a response...he had no phone number listed in the ad either, so I just blew it off and figured he must've sold it. Then I see it relisted again earlier this week.....so I email again last Monday......

"Hello,
                      I had tried to email you on this car before but I don’t think it went through b/c I never saw a reply. Can you send me some more pics and some contact info....I’m up near Fort Worth and would like to get some more info on it.

Thanks,
                      Jason"

Just now today (4-days later) get a response from him....he attached a bunch of pics (which look really good BTW), and this is what he types as a reply.....

"Come get it"

So I reply again.....

"How do I reach you?"

His next reply....

"When do you plan on coming?"

The car was listed for a while and the dipshit has relisted it and even dropped the price....well hell, no wonder! He's obviously an idiot or just interested in wasting people's time. If he is a serious seller he's got to be the dumbest one I've come across....he just ran off a potential buyer who doesn't fuck around and has cash in-hand. Oh well....his loss! Nice looking car though.

My last response to him.....

"Well, seeing as though I live 4-hours away I was hoping to talk to the owner of the car first. But never mind I’ll keep looking elsewhere....now I see why you still have it."

Is it just me?....I hate when people fuck around and waste my time like this. If you were trying to sell a car like this wouldn't you expect that REAL potential buyers would want to speak with you about it?...instead of just repsonding back with stupid statements like "come get it....when you coming".

Here's the ad....

Hello true blue fans, up for sale is this awesome and perhaps cleanest, unmolested Cobra out there. This machine is a show winner and jaw dropper anywhere it shows. I will list all specs.
                      ENGINE : DSS 306 ci, forged DSS pistons, stock rods and crank, FRPP double roller timing chain, AFR 165 aluminum heads 58cc, Comp cams hardened pushrods, 1.6 pedastle mount rocker arms, Cam Motiom ( custom grind, sounds awesome!) hydraulic roller camshaft, ARP fastened all around, Cobra intake, 65mm throtle (Cobra o.e), C&L 73mm mass air, all FelPro gaskets and seals. A/C, PW, PS, PL, EVERYTHING WORKS! Relocated battery to trunk with all safety harness.
                      INDUCTION & FUEL : Vortech V1 S-TRIM supercharger (polished) FMU,T-REX, 190 intank pump, stock fuel rails and lines. The supercharger was recently installed and needs 36-42lbs injectors and a tune for full advantage of supercharger power if needed. It also has the MSD 6AL with the boost timing retard control.
                      EXHAUST : FRPP ceramic coated unequal lenght headers, 2-1/2 off road UPR-X pipe ( off road ), Bassani 2-1/2 stainless catback. NO SMOG PUMP
                      SUSPENSION : Steeda Sportline springs, Tokico Blue line lowering struts, FRPP control arms with 95 spec low friction ball joints, full Energy Suspension bushing kit including motor mounts, BBK upper and lower rear control arms, Steeda caster camber adjustable plates.
                      DRIVETRAIN : T-5Z trans, King Cobra clutch and flywheel, FRPP driveshaft, FRPP 373 gears (stock axles).
                      COOLING : DOT Police issue fan clutch and fan, 180 thermostat, Ford 3 row radiator with overflow bottle.
                      BRAKES : O.E 93 SVT with new pads, rotors, bearings, seals and fluids.
                      EXTERIOR : All o.e metal with matching #'s and o.e paint, all o.e ground effect excepts DOT replacement rear bumper are from another 93 Cobra, Late Model tailights (Ford oe not made anymore), new sunroof seals. Hood, cowl, nose, ground effects, rear bumper, engine bay and wing have fresh paint. Top and front of fenders were blended so nose, hood, cowl new paint would match. Area around hatch lock was repaired from theft and also painted to blend. There is absolutely no color difference of whatsoever on the car, it is FLAWLESS.
                      INTERIOR : Stock black cloth form another 1993 Cobra (also flawless), Cobra matts, factory sunroof removable cober, 95 Cobra shifter and knob (leather).
                      WHEELS & TIRES : O.E Cobra wheels, brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole possition (P245-45-ZR17) ultra high performance tires.
                      BACKGROUND : This vehicle was a theft recovery with 47k documented & carfax miles. It took 3 years of misticulant care to re-built and carefull selection of parts to improve what Ford engineers had built in 1993. I have full documentation with receipts and pics of the whole 3 years it took to get this car in the BETTER THAN SHOWROOM condition is in. Do not miss this opportunity to own the 1st SVT (Special Vehicle Team) and last of the FOX ERA kings at a fraction of cost that other low miles and untouched Cobra (very few) are selling for. I can't stress the fact that pictures do not tell the condition that this car is on. I strongly recommend that if you are interested and looking for one of this bad boys you take the time to see this car in person. The title shows salvaged, no financing. Car has 3,700 since completion and that includes drivetrain. Thank you for viewing.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                      If its clean and unmolested, why does it have so many Freaking mods? Lol
                      HD Parts
                      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                        If its clean and unmolested, why does it have so many Freaking mods? Lol
                        Clean and unmolested to me means all factory stock.
                        HD Parts
                        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

If he will meet me somewhere off 45 early monday morning ill take a glance at it for you.. im going to galveston so its on the way... still will need his number though lol
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Just for the record....I wasn't looking for a stock one. Anyone who has owned one will tell you....a stock 93 Cobra is a pretty boring assed car. I was looking for something a bit modded....turbo'd, charged, etc. However....see my other thread now.....thinking I'll quit messing with clapped out foxbody cars and try to experience something I've never done before.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              Im an asshole all the time on craigslist. I have had a few say theyre going to come kick my ass, I just tell them my name is one of the guys that works with me
                              Hahaha - I totally see that coming from you....

Comment

Working...
                              X