No announcement yet.

want to learn to play the guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, you can go to http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-A...66-i1385900.gc Click the used tab
    ,It's going to be in mint condition, it's a 2011, and for 130 off normal price, comes with hardshell case and all accessories, enter LABOR15 as the discount code, good through tomorrow, and get another 130 knocked off the price. So you get a 2011 American Standard Strat for under 800 shipped. That's a steal, and you could turn around a resell for 900 the same day on craigslist.
    Slow moving projects
    1964 C10 350/700r4
    1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
      Also, you can go to http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-A...66-i1385900.gc Click the used tab
      ,It's going to be in mint condition, it's a 2011, and for 130 off normal price, comes with hardshell case and all accessories, enter LABOR15 as the discount code, good through tomorrow, and get another 130 knocked off the price. So you get a 2011 American Standard Strat for under 800 shipped. That's a steal, and you could turn around a resell for 900 the same day on craigslist.

LOL, I was just dicking around on that site, since Guitar Center is about 5 minutes from my place. Think I'll go up there in a bit and poke around. I found something pretty nice on Craigslist that I'm probably going to buy if it is still available in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        How is it going Stevo?

I've been looking at guitars quite a bit lately, trying to trim down choices. I had a squire fender when I was 18, but didn't put enough effort into learning it. Want to pick it back up again.

I'm trying to decide if I should get something cheap, or get something NICE, so that I have some money invested and don't get frustrated and give up easy.

Why do some of you guys say the bass is boring? Just not as much to do with it??
        It has been going slow since I haven't had ass much free time as I thought, but still coming along. My son is doing nicely on the reg electric, I had a friend come by a week or so ago and played a few things for him, it really inspired him to hear some nice rock come out of his own guitar.

And yeah, I have heard many people talk about the bass being boring, I like it though so far. Check this video out:

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

LOL, I was just dicking around on that site, since Guitar Center is about 5 minutes from my place. Think I'll go up there in a bit and poke around. I found something pretty nice on Craigslist that I'm probably going to buy if it is still available in 2 weeks.
          It's really about what feels good as well. A 3000 Les Paul sounds beautiful , but I never liked the feel.
          Slow moving projects
          1964 C10 350/700r4
          1992 LX 5.0

Comment

How is it going Stevo?

I've been looking at guitars quite a bit lately, trying to trim down choices. I had a squire fender when I was 18, but didn't put enough effort into learning it. Want to pick it back up again.

I'm trying to decide if I should get something cheap, or get something NICE, so that I have some money invested and don't get frustrated and give up easy.

Why do some of you guys say the bass is boring? Just not as much to do with it??
            Get a Gibson wide body acoustic. You will never want to play anything else (acoustic that is). Electrics aren't as forgiving as acoustics if you're learning to play.
            The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
              Get a Gibson wide body acoustic. You will never want to play anything else (acoustic that is). Electrics aren't as forgiving as acoustics if you're learning to play.

Never been much of an acoustic fan, with limited exceptions. If I don't have interest to begin with, there is no way I will stick with it.

Comment

Never been much of an acoustic fan, with limited exceptions. If I don't have interest to begin with, there is no way I will stick with it.
                Electrics are fun but I just enjoy the softer or muddled sound of the acoustic. Plus I can take it anywhere.

I have a Strat that never gets played unless I'm having a hard time getting my son out of bed lol.
                The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Get an old Ibanez RG570. I have a 1989 model with emg 85s. Killer guitar!
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    But OP, do you want to learn to play them drums?
                    He should, but if he doesnt like it, its money for nothin.

Comment

and kicks for free?

Went to Guitar Center and looked at a few things. Not ready to pull the trigger yet, and it looks like Craigslist has some much better deals.

Comment

and kicks for free?
                        Most definitely!

Comment

and kicks for free?

Went to Guitar Center and looked at a few things. Not ready to pull the trigger yet, and it looks like Craigslist has some much better deals.
                          Take the jeff healey approach. get what feels right and sounds good.

Sent from my DROID3
                          Slow moving projects
                          1964 C10 350/700r4
                          1992 LX 5.0

Comment

and kicks for free?

Just watch out for what some idiot has done to it, setup etc. If you haven't yet, check music go round, they are nationwide and have a store in lewisville (and website), all they sell is used stuff aside from accessories. mexican/jap fenders are good guitars, the fender highway 1 series (out of production) were american parts assembled in mexico if i remember correctly, they had a cool thin nitro finish.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll check that place out. Looking at American made Fenders mostly.

Comment

Working...
                              X