Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston hotel

Hey guys,
    Whats a decent hotel over in Galveston? I'm gonna run there this Monday. I'd like something by the beach if possible.

Thanks

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
    Hey guys,
    Whats a decent hotel over in Galveston? I'm gonna run there this Monday. I'd like something by the beach if possible.

Thanks
    price range?!

Going there tomorrow.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

galvez=old and classy
      san luis= new and classy

both on the seawall 60 ft from the gulf.

i always stay at the galvez myself.

god bless.
      Last edited by ELVIS; 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We usually get a house or condo rental from VRBO.com when we go down there (You might be able to find something last minute), but if not we will stay at the Harbor House....

It's nice, quiet, and right by the good restaurants and the Strand....

http://www.harborhousepier21.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          price range?!

Going there tomorrow.
          I was just thinking $100 a night nothing high profile like many of you are accustomed to

Comment

Holiday Inn Resort is on the beach... the club usually rocks too.... think its about 150 a night...
            Casa Del Mar and the Comfort Inn are a bit on the lower scale, but on the beach and around 130 (I think...)
            Last edited by Gargamel; 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Me and a group of 7 others are going down on Monday, the 25th. We always stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, and with our government rate, rooms are around $85/night. The hotel is nice and rooms are nice as well. They have a nice bar and a nice pool area with a swim up bar. It is right across the street from the beach as well. We spend more time fishing and sightseeing, so we don't really care to stay at one of the bigger "resort" hotels down there.

Comment

I was just thinking $100 a night nothing high profile like many of you are accustomed to
                We stayed at the La Quinta Inn that's right on Seawall Blvd.

It was like $99 a night and you could walk out the door and cross the street and you were walking on the beach.

It's at 1402 Seawall Blvd and their phone number is (409)763-1224.

Hope that helps.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                  We stayed at the La Quinta Inn that's right on Seawall Blvd.

It was like $99 a night and you could walk out the door and cross the street and you were walking on the beach.

It's at 1402 Seawall Blvd and their phone number is (409)763-1224.

Hope that helps.

-Aaron
                  That's where we always stay. The one down by Moody gardens.
                  Slow moving projects
                  1964 C10 350/700r4
                  1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Thanks guys I'm checking into all suggestions. The condos sounded good and were a decent rate but July is booked. La Quinta, Holiday Inn, and Harbor House all sound good. Appreciate your input.

Comment

I think we stayed at Super 8 on the Island. It was clean and decent price.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm checking into all suggestions. The condos sounded good and were a decent rate but July is booked. La Quinta, Holiday Inn, and Harbor House all sound good. Appreciate your input.
                        Glad we could help...

Comment

Beware of these three, couresty of the Bedbug Registry:

Found 3 hotels in galveston tx with bedbugs:

Wyndham Tremont House
                          2300 Mechanic St Galveston, TX

Hawthorn Suites at Victorian Resort
                          6300 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront Galveston
                          6302 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Beware of these three, couresty of the Bedbug Registry:

Found 3 hotels in galveston tx with bedbugs:

Wyndham Tremont House
                            2300 Mechanic St Galveston, TX

Hawthorn Suites at Victorian Resort
                            6300 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront Galveston
                            6302 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX
                            Good catch King, Smurfette and I are down there alot.... so that's good info....

Comment

Report on one of rooms :

July 2 2011, we (Me, my husband, 4year old daughter and 2 year old daughter) had to move out from room 319 at 11:45PM because Bed Bugs were every-where on bed. While my husband tried to kill the big one that I saw on the bed, the other came out from the head board (all sides: small, medium and large). We took all our belongings and ran out the room (we were on sleep clothes). The customer services/cashier said she will refund so we could go somewhere else because no-room available for exchange. July 4 Weekend and at 11:45PM midnights, where could we go to? Lucky that we had other family member to stay with (we rent 3 rooms: 319, 119 and 216). We could not sleep all night because we afraid and keep watch-out for my daughters and my nephew.
                              Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X